Not a fan of tinting the 04 Grand Prick

TintWizard

I did my first one of these today..It came out good..but sucked to do, I'm charging more next time..to do a good job, trim,gaskets and back seat/deck should come out..prefere the 03 and earlier models...but hey, what are ya going to do?? :lol6

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yeah, that back glass is a mother to reach all the way down eh?? I've done one and it wasn't the easiest thing.....well, it wasnt difficult, but I think you know.....the back seats fold down (well they did on the one I did) and should make deck removal easier...and what do you think about those back doors opening up so far pretty cool eh? :lol6 oh well, learn something new every day.

Guest tintchick

Yeah, my dad just bought one of these and we tinted it,,,phew,took a while, the back window was a pain in the butt to get to the bottom of!! :lol6

yeah, I endedup pulling the back seatand deck out..there's like 5 18mm bolts and 4 10mm bolts, 2 plugs..a pain, but was worth pulling it..plus you have to cut around that circle for the antenna which means you better get it lined up well B4 it hitsthefrit lines..took me a while to get it to stick to the lines..can't sand them cause of the antenna ..was thinking of trying vinyl on the next one , that would make it easier to load the main peice of film + no chance of AM interference

I just let it hanging off the frit for 15 min..then resprayed and heated it a bit..I won't use glue ..1 because I'm sure it won't outlast the tint on the 04 Grand Prix.. 2 Llummar doesn't recommend using any glues and won't cover any warrantywhere gluewas used ..except I think Pro Bond..however I sand all the timeexcept over frit with antenna I'm glad to hear about the sanding over the antenna..was always afraid to do that which for my solves any sticking problems anyways..have an Impala on it's way , so I'll try it on that :hmmm

llumar does not condone the use of any adhesive. adhesive promoter or any 'inner layer' ...thats what the techie told us at the tint competition last year. so they don't even condone the use of pro-bond...but they sell it..:hmmm

Guest shattered
:lol6 This car does suk severly!!! Back glass is a pain in the a*! to reach. took out seat and package tray. better but still not the easyest to do. Also the doors do have a frit in the seals. Took off trim panels and what the heck since I was that far In a matter of a minute or two had the glass out difinetly the easiest way to do these

Archived