[*]297849

It must, I'm booked for weeks

:dunno

Z

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got this phone call today....

Customer: Hey, I heard you tinted my friends GrandAm?

Me: Yes that was me

Customer: How much for the D/P on an 05 Dakota Truck?

Me: $60, what % do you want?

Customer: I had limo on a different car but I want it lighter on this one.

Me: I have 5% (limo), 15%, and 35%

Customer: How much for 35%?

Me: $60

Customer: and for 15%?

Customer: and for 5%?

Customer: Hrmmm, I'll have to get back with you, I got a previous quote for $55.

Me: ok no problem, (figuring you cant win em all, I wasn't going to fight over $5)

Customer: When can you do it?

Me: When ever you want

Customer: Ok I'll call you at end of week

Boy... this guy tried talking me down $5, sheesh people are really cheap!

Guest tintguy7

But I'm the local h@ck shop.

:beach , Why would you want to be the local h@ck shop? Don't you have any pride in your work or even in your business? Just curious.

That's close to what I charge.

Sadly, the spot behind walmart is taken.

[*]297980

:cold:beach:lol2

So You think that PRICE IS THE MAIN?

If so, why there are SO MANY XPENSIVE CARS, jewelry, clothes e.t.c.?

There is market FOR EVERYBODY, and it doesn't depend from price around the corner.

Riga is so small that from me - MOST XPENSIVE TINTSHOP - till the cheapest one - TWICE CHEAPER - is 10 minutes drive. And I have cars to tint every day.....

Guest darkdan

:beer , Why would you want to be the local h@ck shop? Don't you have any pride in your work or even in your business? Just curious.

[*]297985

Actually, my prices are what I consider "reasonable".

In this state demand for tint is very low, and thus, there are very few tinters. So they charge what I consider an arm and a leg. Plus, I did some calling around and most are using cheap dyed film.

So I actually offer a better product at a decent price instead of the cheapest product at a high price. Would you buy top ramen for $1 each?

Plus, I live in a small town that's close to an hour away from any form of real civilization. So most of my customers from up north actually spend more money on gas then the difference in price between me and my competition.

If you guys knew what some people charge up here for tint you'd be packing your bags and moving, but finding customers is the hard part.

When I worked at a shop (an hour away) they were lucky to get 2 tint jobs a week.

Through word of mouth and the internet I'm still managing close to that during the summer.

Geez, guys ever heard of sarcasm?

Guest tint rookie

you gave in for the 5 bucks to get the job...and you still havent officialy even got him to book yet. sorry but ill call you at the end of the week dosent count.

if the guy really thinks a low ball pricce will get him quality work, hes a) got another thing coming or b) gonna be a pain in your arse, that technically you paid five bucks to have.

rule of thumb for customers if you cant pull it over on your wife, it wont work in my shop.

try this one on your wife,

I need a six pack, take your purdy lil arse to the store get me beer come back and serve me, but let me put it in the no no hole before you go.

where does it get ya. thirsty and humping your hand. being cheap is rude and wont get you far in my shop.

Archived