Streaking

Guest Old Dude

Guest Old Dude

Hey fella's,

Started a job yesterday and when I went today to finish there were some awesome streaks on all windows that were very milky. I know it has to cure but I've never seen it like this before. This is my first time using Bronze and it is Dry Adhesive. I could tell it streaked in the same direction I used my Blue Max for final squegee. Is it just this noticable with bronze or what? I have 6 windows in the morning at a hospital with the same film and I'm paranoid about it. I told the customer today to give it a few weeks cause the sun doesn't directly hit the glass. Tell me I'm just freakin'!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest windoworx

The closest I have had to streaking is if you pull the film back to remove some crud, sometimes the adhesive starts setting up. Especially if you didn't spray again. No one has ever called back on it.

Remember, "Don't worry it will dry". I use bronze film on 75% of my installs.

Guest Old Dude

Thanks dude's, the guy that owns the plaza came by today when I finished and seemed a little concerned and said "When one of the other businesses here got their's done it didn't do that." And I said "Don't worry, it'll dry!"

Guest pmuzik

Had that happen once with a job I told him :bingo it's my first job dude how the hell should I know. I watched the vidjoe man :bingo at first he thought I wasn't kidding then he heard my installers laughing and he caught on. Everything turned out fine though hope yours does too. Was the glass hot sometimes that does it

Guest Old Dude

Yesterday the glass was a little warm upon install. Today not so bad as we didn"t get as much sun though I could see the streaks comong around after about an hour after I installed the film. Same as yesterday, it looked fine and didn't sstreak until after an hour or so per glass.

Guest Old Dude

Pmuzik, It's hard to say, could be too much soap as this was the first time using a 2 gal sprayer (I usually make 50 trips to the faucet with a hand-held) It looked like a strong mix but I didn't think it would hurt much. The windows from yesterday were started at mid afternoon so they didn't see any sun and even today it was cooler and rainy. Would a strong mix still cure fine but take longer? Like I said it looked fine until an hour or so before the streaking started then just looked real foggy in streaks today. Thanks

Archived