Huge windows

Guest Solscreen

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clear won't be a problem and I doubt whether a spec sel in 70 will either.

But that mutha will get a lot of exposure from what you say and don't expect a UV clear to do much when the owner grills you when he finds his valuable stock is still being sun damaged. :thumb

Been there, copped that! :beer

Devil

Guest metint
The job is a furniture shop, laminated glass, thats why I recomended clear UV, I would not want to run the risk of thermal cracking on windows that size, as in winter months here the sun can be really low all day long every day. 2 mil window film not safety.

Mike

[*]307831

Lami glass is already screening UV... the PVB (polyvinyl buteral) screens UV up to 99%. The addition of UV clear will reduce 99% of the last 1 % getting through.

If they are doing it for fade control, Devil's got a good point in offering heat control. However, I wouldn't use a 70%... I'd go as low as a safe-for-lami 50% or 60%, so to screen the light portion of the fade equation.

Even after all this, they 'may' still experience more fade than they wish to have because of the massive amount of light and heat still coming through those large panels as well as if there's a large amount of florescent lighting. Let's not forget the colorfastness of any material comprising the furnishings.

This you probably know... I put it out there for the benefit of future readers. :thumb

Guest Solscreen

All points are rightly correct, but yes I would like to put a light tint on but am thinking about the trouble that comes my way if any of the panes cracked, can you imagine how much it would cost to replace those panes, and how many men required to do that. I would have a right pane in my ass. and the first thing they say its my fault, hence my advised choice of clear.

I must admit I would rather this job just float on by. Plenty other things in the pipe line.

Mike

Guest Solscreen
Clear won't be a problem and I doubt whether a spec sel in 70 will either.

But that mutha will get a lot of exposure from what you say and don't expect a UV clear to do much when the owner grills you when he finds his valuable stock is still being sun damaged. :thumb

Been there, copped that! :beer

Devil

[*]307840

Devil,

Tell me more? I have had a fair success with the clear, I do understand regarding reducing some heat as well, just not confident with the repercussions that could follow if thermal cracking was a result.

Mike

Archived