Canadian Tinters

Guest Shaemus

FYI : The convenience group is 3M

They have a network of dealers working their own territories.

I have competed with them and have been awarded many contracts.

The only thing the dealers have is the name behind them

Your workmanship , professionalism , personality , quality materials will help you.

The contracts are not always given to the lowest bider!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canuck here too:) Regarding the cold... I'm not concerned at all about the 'selling' but can you install a film that needs to cure during low temp times?

For example: Tint is easy...just needs to dry but what about v-kool that needs time to cure? If we expect a below 0 day...should we just hold off???

Canuck here too:) Regarding the cold... I'm not concerned at all about the 'selling' but can you install a film that needs to cure during low temp times?? 

For example: Tint is easy...just needs to dry but what about v-kool that needs time to cure? If we expect a below 0 day...should we just hold off???

[*]325698

Vkool has a pressure sensitive (PS) adhesive that does not cure... it is a mechanical adhesive needing only to be pressed into adhesion. Any moisture used is simply for positioning purposes.

As TW has stated, as long as it is an IG unit with seals intact and the film is being installed on the warmer side, you should have no worries.

With dry chemical adhesives (and in some cases PS adhesive) such as CDF, CD or CDA the moisture may freeze and impair bonding on single pane glass installs.

Dry chemical adhesives are water activated and cure with exposure to heat whether from the sun or room temperature.

Hi fellow Canadians. I just joined. I?m doing a little low E research. I'm not a pro tinter but you may be able to do more work in the winter by trying to sell a low E film to residential and commercial owners. With the price of energy jumping recently there may be a market for such. Maybe you already are perusing that market.

I am looking for any info regarding low E tint from Canadian retailers. I live In Alberta.

Stephen

Hi fellow Canadians. I just joined. I?m doing a little low E research. I'm not a pro tinter but you may be able to do more work in the winter by trying to sell a low E film to residential and commercial owners. With the price of energy jumping recently there may be a market for such. Maybe you already are perusing that market.

I am looking for any info regarding low E tint from Canadian retailers. I live In Alberta.

Stephen

[*]325852

You're right an energy crisis helps out tremendously!

Stephen

[*]325852

Welcome to the forum :inot

Your thinking is correct I did a post on this subject a couple of weeks ago , however it doesn't look like there is such a film as of yet that will do a substantially goodjob (in my mind that would be a film that would stop at least 20% heat loss) yet have a low reflectivity rate , the da they make it (or I find it just not knowing about it) there will be some serious money to be made for sure IMO :lol

These are V Cool specks I need some help. What would one look at to determin how much heat the tint will hold in.

http://www.southwall.com/products/performance/htm/HM4VKL.htm

All these numbers make it a little confusing I gues I would be interested in: V Cool clear double pain

Transmitance daylight total 64%

Solar Heat Gain Coeffi- cient .5

Winter Nighttime U-Value .45

Can someone help me with these numbers. I think I understand the 64%

does the solar heat gain mean it lowers the heat gain by 50%

and Winter nightime u of .45 meaning it lowers heat loss by 45%

Also what does "Clear/Clear Float" mean is this the film suspended between two pains.

Thanks again.

Stephen

Guest mastertinter

Stephen

[*]325852

Hey where in Alberta are you I just moved out of that freezer, they keep pretty busy though even in the cold snaps. Super Tint in Edmonton deals in llumar and is pretty helpful with new business, check them out. :dunno

Archived