swimming pools

Guest potzy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a indoor pool area similar to that although we had to put up 3 sections of scaffolding for the windows were like 30-35 feet off the ground. We used V28 I believe, its a dual reflective for the people that dont know and it turned out really nice. I would recomend a dual reflective personally.

Potzy,

I only install PS reflective films in those applications.

Too much condensation on the glass and chemicals like chlorine depositing on the surface.

The last pool area I did had green build up on the bottom of the glass... real alien and I put it down to the cocktail of chemicals in the air.

I then had the whole install silicone edge sealed to be sure and safe.

Devil :beer

nice one devil, I never gave it much thought to chems ect...il let you all know how it gose as soon as I get the nod to do the job, im off to buy some clear sealer as we speak :ohcrap

I may have a bit of trouble finding dual refective film over here but as you said VO TRON seems the best thing to apply eh but do solarzone have a stockest here in the UK?

as I said already...thanks again to you all, dont know what id do with out your advice.

I owe you all a drink :dunno

Potz,

That pool I spoke has rivers of condensation flowing down the glass continually.

It was in an old peoples' retirement village so the pool had to be cranked up real hot and with the cooler atmospheric conditions outside, well you can guess.

I've got a happy snap of it somewhere (I'll see if I can find it and post) and the sealing I had done by a professional glazier after and the village picked up the tab for that seperately on my advice to have this done.

The glazier put a huge 1/2" border all over the edges to make sure it was really sealed.

The glass was about 2 meters from the pool.

Dev

Devil,

this pool is a community pool/health center and is pretty much state of the art, under a year old and it didnt feel that humid at the time only near the kiddys pool area where its was quite hot, glass looked fairly dry when I was measuring up. This is all new to me so il reduce my slip and keep my fingers crosed...as for the sealer I was pretty handy with barrel gun waaaay back when I was a mear windscreen fitter so looks like im gunu get a bit of arm pump on this one :lol

Nice one man...

potz {stu} :lol2

nice one devil, I never gave it much thought to chems ect...il let you all know how it gose as soon as I get the nod to do the job, im off to buy some clear sealer as we speak :woowoo

I may have a bit of trouble finding dual refective film over here but as you said VO TRON seems the best thing to apply eh but do solarzone have a stockest here in the UK?

as I said already...thanks again to you all, dont know what id do with out your advice.

I owe you all a drink :lol2

[*]314581

Heya, Potzy....I can supply any silver to U in some days, Billy also have some stock, not sure if he have silver....

Potz,

That pool I spoke has rivers of condensation flowing down the glass continually.

It was in an old peoples' retirement village so the pool had to be cranked up real hot and with the cooler atmospheric conditions outside, well you can guess.

I've got a happy snap of it somewhere (I'll see if I can find it and post) and the sealing I had done by a professional glazier after and the village picked up the tab for that seperately on my advice to have this done.

The glazier put a huge 1/2" border all over the edges to make sure it was really sealed.

The glass was about 2 meters from the pool.

Dev

[*]314651

Yep... one giant accelerated weathering machine! :woowoo Wait until you get a load of PS adhesive after a bit of time in those hot, humid, chemical conditions! :lol2

Archived