help with a 93 sable

Guest JesterRob04

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just did a mobile job today went to the guys house to do it, the back window took some time but wasnt bad shrinking at all and told him to go over the brakelight I had to take the rear deck out and that would cost extra so he decided to just have me cut around it. the rear side windows have a curve all the way around and only have one straight side and were a #@$#@ to get the tint tucked in but it came out nice and clean. Just tape your felts on these cars or youll have dust all over your tint lol. For the front windows I suggest cutting the edge closest to the mirror down a bit about 1/4 inch, it will make your install ALOT more stress free and you wont have creases or dust from trying to tuck, then you can airbrush the outside to cover it up like I do or use blackout tape. Hope this helps! sable.jpg

You wont have creases or dust from trying to tuck, then you can airbrush the outside to cover it up like I do or use blackout tape.

Ok, now I usually don't go down this path, but do You really expect us to believe You have 7 years of experience, when You tell us to "cut the sides a 1/4 inch short and put blackout tape on the outside"? :lol

I've heard MANY Hackopotamous statements, but that has to be dam close to the top of the list. :zzz

Besides that.....Good Job! :lol2

Guest scottydosnntkno

those fronts aren't even that bad. Pop off the plastic piece over the triangle, take out one hex head screw and pull back on the triangle piece and get yourself another 1" :smoker

you know, I post alot on here giving advice and trying to help out what I know as I come across them and somehow. Always. Somebody finds a way to rip on me and my experience. I am self taught, I am 25 I started tinting when I was 17 for a shop down the street from my house. I would do the side windows for them and cleanup work, then worked my way into heat shrinking and then realized I can make way more money doing it myself, so I worked and practiced and I am where I am now today. I do 3 cars a week and have a 2 bay shop and work another part time job at night. I might not be tinting as many cars as some of you or have the experience you do, but I am far from a hack. I do better work then half the shops around here and charge half the price. I opened my shop last year, would it make you guys feel better if I changed it to 1 year experience? I continue to learn new things everyday and come on this forum to provide advice and give tips to cars I am very familiar with and also ask for guidance for the ones I'm not sure of.

Guest Tint Legend
you know, I post alot on here giving advice and trying to help out what I know as I come across them and somehow. Always. Somebody finds a way to rip on me and my experience. I am self taught, I am 25 I started tinting when I was 17 for a shop down the street from my house. I would do the side windows for them and cleanup work, then worked my way into heat shrinking and then realized I can make way more money doing it myself, so I worked and practiced and I am where I am now today. I do 3 cars a week and have a 2 bay shop and work another part time job at night. I might not be tinting as many cars as some of you or have the experience you do, but I am far from a hack. I do better work then half the shops around here and charge half the price. I opened my shop last year, would it make you guys feel better if I changed it to 1 year experience? I continue to learn new things everyday and come on this forum to provide advice and give tips to cars I am very familiar with and also ask for guidance for the ones I'm not sure of.

Just keep doing what your doing and keep trying to help and teach and learn what you can. Dont let the air of arrogance from a few or the know it all attitude from the young whippersnapper get you down. Keep working hard and doing your thing. :nope

PS: You should have known some razzing was coming though on this one. :smoker

I'm a perfectionist, I stand behind all the work I do and if there are ways to do it and have it still look good and they arent picky and it will save me time I'm all for it, I had the car from 9-10:30 when he picked it up, thats alot of car for an hour and a half, that back window is wicked

Guest scottydosnntkno
I'm a perfectionist, I stand behind all the work I do and if there are ways to do it and have it still look good and they arent picky and it will save me time I'm all for it, I had the car from 9-10:30 when he picked it up, thats alot of car for an hour and a half, that back window is wicked

oh snap, your in the same town as my new shop :nope where is your shop at?

and how do you pay the rent with 3 cars a week :smoker

Archived