Everyweek must have some bad luck

Exact-Oh

While trying to get home last night, I broke off my car key in the driver's door. I extracted the broken part out with no problems, and I do not have a spare key for this one. Any suggestions, logical suggestions?

I could tell the lock cylinder was getting a little tighter lately, but ignored it. I have always said... I work on cars all day, the last thing I want to do is work on my own. The key is old and was getting weak too. I was just about to take it and try unlocking it through the trunk, thought about one more try, and snap. This sucks.

Ah, I didn't mean to lay it on anyone. Just looking for advice on how to fix the situation. I really didn't think that it was possible to cut a new blank using a broken key.

Good luck though! Now I know that it IS possible to cut. I just took the pieces down to the local hardware store and they cut me a new one. And it works!

It wasn't broken in the middle, and this car is so old that it doesn't have a transponder key... $2.99 and I'm back on the road.

Ah, I didn't mean to lay it on anyone.  Just looking for advice on how to fix the situation.  I really didn't think that it was possible to cut a new blank using a broken key.

Good luck though!  Now I know that it IS possible to cut.  I just took the pieces down to the local hardware store and they cut me a new one.  And it works! 

It wasn't broken in the middle, and this car is so old that it doesn't have a transponder key... $2.99 and I'm back on the road.

[*]324475

:spit

whenever something happens to me that is going bad, the way I release my streess is on customers. :nope

Yes, that would get ugly.  I have started drinking.  The dog stole most of my first beer already.  Frickin' drunk shop dog.

[*]324581

:nope

might spray some penetrating spray in the mechanism

before the buzz kicks in and you forget

DOH! too late

:spit

Archived