Everyweek must have some bad luck

While trying to get home last night, I broke off my car key in the driver's door. I extracted the broken part out with no problems, and I do not have a spare key for this one. Any suggestions, logical suggestions?

I could tell the lock cylinder was getting a little tighter lately, but ignored it. I have always said... I work on cars all day, the last thing I want to do is work on my own. The key is old and was getting weak too. I was just about to take it and try unlocking it through the trunk, thought about one more try, and snap. This sucks.

and what better to do and lay it on us? :thumbdown

hey shiat happens and life goes on, get a new key made end of story. next time when youre key gets old have someone make a new one to avoid the incident you just had........ :bingo but its friday.

Ah, I didn't mean to lay it on anyone. Just looking for advice on how to fix the situation. I really didn't think that it was possible to cut a new blank using a broken key.

Good luck though! Now I know that it IS possible to cut. I just took the pieces down to the local hardware store and they cut me a new one. And it works!

It wasn't broken in the middle, and this car is so old that it doesn't have a transponder key... $2.99 and I'm back on the road.

Ah, I didn't mean to lay it on anyone.  Just looking for advice on how to fix the situation.  I really didn't think that it was possible to cut a new blank using a broken key.

Good luck though!  Now I know that it IS possible to cut.  I just took the pieces down to the local hardware store and they cut me a new one.  And it works! 

It wasn't broken in the middle, and this car is so old that it doesn't have a transponder key... $2.99 and I'm back on the road.

[*]324475

:spit

whenever something happens to me that is going bad, the way I release my streess is on customers. :nope

Yes, that would get ugly.  I have started drinking.  The dog stole most of my first beer already.  Frickin' drunk shop dog.

[*]324581

:nope

might spray some penetrating spray in the mechanism

before the buzz kicks in and you forget

DOH! too late

:spit

Archived