who uses a Gasket Shield or Gasket wizard

Guest chip01

I personally think they are great for certain cars ...but not all cars ...between a gasket wizard or pulling easy panels or removing just gaskets ..you can eliminate removing most panels yet have the advantage of working on a door as if the panel was removed...but that's just my way :bingo

I have used a gasket wizard since 94 when I first saw one. I only use it on certian cars though.

It slips down in between the glass and gasket on the door panel and some adjustable bungee cords attach to the panel or grab handle and they slightly pull the gasket back allowing you lots of room to get your film down on the bottom.

Guest darkdan

I bought one shortly after learning how to tint.

GREAT tool.

I've been using it until recently.

Nowadays, I rip out the gasket if it comes out easily. I save the GW for cars that I can't figure out how to get the panel off safely.

I find I get much cleaner installs ripping out the gaskets.

used one a long time ago, when they first came out with the "big kit", (if I remember correctly at first it was just one or two flat peices with two bungie cords, then later they offered what we eventually got and I assume close to what they offer now). Anyway, used it for couple months and didn't like it, I remember the "plates" pulling out of the top of the panels and hitting the tops of your legs, has this happened to anyone else??

Archived