2003 Passat Wagon

Guest S and S

Guest S and S

Believe it or not I have only done 1 VW and it was a 67 Bug 2 years ago. So they are not very popular around here, maye because the closet dealer is like 75 miles away. Oh Well Wish Me Luck and you too OT!!! :dunno

Maybe this will help also on the Passet, the roll up windows as everyone knows have deep seals, it can be a big pain, however, if you pull back the top of the door panel, you'll be able to pull out the seal using a pick tool to pry it out, the pull the whole window seal out. one end will be short as the other will be a little longer. If you try to replace it back in that way it will be trouble, take some snips and cut it to about the same length as the other end............I suppose that is a mouthful, but I hope it helps :thumb

Guest naughtydog

Does anybody know if the rear deck is easily removed. My brother just bought a passat saloon and I had a quick look at it, looks like the rear deck would have to be removed.

Also, for anybody that pulls panels on these, can you leave the interior opening handle in place and disconnect the cable once you have pulled the panel of it's clips?

Thanks

Naughtydog

Here's the car

Archived