Cleaning techniques?

Guest chip01

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Retro Tint

Used to scrub until I saw some awsome work by a guy that only scraped , flush, squeege, flush apply. Tried that & never looked back. I think I may have been adding to contamination with sponge. Still scrub the nasty windows though.

Used to scrub until I saw some awsome work by a guy that only scraped , flush, squeege, flush apply. Tried that & never looked back. I think I may have been adding to contamination with sponge. Still scrub the nasty windows though.

[*]331026

Ditto. I think scrubbing side glass is redundant and can actually add contam. The only thing I scrub is the back glass. Just my humble opinion :mad

[*]331026

Ditto. I think scrubbing side glass is redundant and can actually add contam. The only thing I scrub is the back glass. Just my humble opinion :bat

[*]331027

double ditto

I scrub the back glass, but not the roll-ups unless they have adhesive left from a R&R

I don't even use paper towels, just spray, scrape, spray, squeegee

and wipe the frame, and rubber gaskets, and the top edge with a micro-fiber towel

but the bulk of the cleaning goes to the blade, and squeegee

:mad

Guest tint rookie

a new blade is always clean.

dobies tend to get nasty before you know it.

an extra step that could accidentally add a lil bit to miss with your final sqeegie before install.

sh!t happens but dont work harder to invite it

Archived