Clear BG, peel or scrape????????

Guest redgtxdi

Guest redgtxdi

OK, so one of the big reasons for me lurkin' this board lately is my recent acquisition of a '95 Geo Prizm. (I have a '98 Camry and '98 F150, but the F150's MPG was killin', so needed a beater to get MPG in).

It's in good shape, even has tinted windows.......(Purple Rain?).......LOL!!!

Needs retint......(not horrible, but definitely purple & I h@te purple).....so I've gotta remove it all.

****Says "Texas Custom Tinting" in the corners if they're still around or anybody knows 'em....shout out!***** :popcorn

After searchin' all the stuff for removing, I was wonderin' how I should tackle the back glass. (This'll be my first shrinking attempt in 17 years...LOL).

It's got clear (non-lined) rear glass, so I'm thinkin' I might just disregard the peel attempt & just go for some "scrapeage" (?). Or should I try & get it to peel first???

TIA!

I would always give the peel a shot first. If you can get even part of it to peel, you will save yourself some time overall.

I just watch how and where it's peeling the easiest, try and force it to peel to the edges, and get as much that way as I can. Little tiny pieces isn't going to help you much.

Guest redgtxdi

Ya, I think you're right.

Ya know.......if nothing else, it'll be a good training for me to use the Windex/Hefty bag thing. My Camry ain't too far behind. Color's good on it, but a finger appeared after 5 yrs & the film's just startin' to blur a bit.

If I can do well enough with the Prizm, I might just up & do the Camry too to make 'em all new again.

It's getting colder here now so film's easier to play with then.

Summer tinting = more rewarding look after it's done.

Winter tinting = much easier to work with regardless of how it looks when it's done!

Archived