echo

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

the rubber gasket at the bottom of the doors has no felt where it touches the glass. it's a hard rubber that scratches the film to hell within a year. only solution I know of is cut off the gasket. I'll be staying away from these from now on.

Guest thetintshop

ok, I did some research.

I actually found an echo message board. they have like 5,000 members. I read through some of the posts, and it seems that this is a problem everywhere.

most of them complaining about the front tint scratching and a few complaining about the back doors. some have taken it back to the tinter and tried to have it fixed but they wouldn't touch it because it's a problem with the car.

now a few members said theirs wasn't scratching at all. BUT, every one of them said that there's a funny noise coming from the door since they had it tinted. (I'm assuming their gaskets were cut)

so here's my advice, DON'T TINT ANY ECHO'S.

Guest thetintshop

it doesn't matter if you pulled the panels or not. that's not where the problem is.

I called the toyota dealership in tyler and asked the service manager if any one had brought an echo in complaining about their film, or glass, being scratched by the gasket on the doors. he said "to be honest, we've only sold a dozen or so of those cars, but I haven't seen any come in with that problem. but if they did, it would be sent to the place it was tinted". :spit WTF? I said "why? it's a problem with the car, not the tint." he said "well, I haven't seen any". damn, I thought for sure he wanted to argue, but I guess he didn't.

Guest thetintshop

that's what I was told. I told my customer to buy the new felt from toyota and have it replaced. hopefully they will do like the saturn and do it under warranty.

Guest thetintshop

if it's a 2003, you have nothing to worry about. if it's an earlier model, the hard rubber scratches the tint all to hell. go buy the new rubbers for a 2003 and replace yours and all will be well.

Archived