I tried the soap shrink

I tried the soap shrink for the first time this week. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm hard headed, I fear change. The whole time I was smearing the lather on the back glass I was thinking," this is so stupid, why am I doing this?" But OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Mdog is a genius!!! I just got a new thing of baby powder that will never be used !!

For those of you like me (hard headed) go get some soap and try it! It's unreal, and as far as I can tell, you can't singe the edges. Yesterday was trying to singe the edges on purpose and couldn't do it! That's somethind that drives nuts, when the edge singes and no matter what you do it curls. Not no mo, Y'all done fixed the glich.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried the soap shrink for the first time this week. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm hard headed, I fear change. The whole time I was smearing the lather on the back glass I was thinking," this is so stupid, why am I doing this?"  But OH MY GOD!!!!!!!  Mdog is a genius!!! I just got a new thing of baby powder that will never be used !!

For those of you like me (hard headed) go get some soap and try it! It's unreal, and as far as I can tell, you can't singe the edges. Yesterday was trying to singe the edges on purpose and couldn't do it! That's somethind that drives nuts, when the edge singes and no matter what you do it curls. Not no mo, Y'all done fixed the glich.

[*]332311

M-dizzle is the shizzle :evileye

I have a brand new carton of baby powder, that will never be used either :thumb

I cut up 2 bars into a big bottle of alchohol

from that concentrate.... use about a shot glass full in a big bottle of alchohol

those 2 bars will last for years

the spray is the shizzle :evileye

I tried the soap shrink for the first time this week. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm hard headed, I fear change. The whole time I was smearing the lather on the back glass I was thinking," this is so stupid, why am I doing this?" But OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Mdog is a genius!!! I just got a new thing of baby powder that will never be used !!

yo mang thats cool :thumb I was sitting one day thinking what could work like dryer sheets.. my previous way, and I thought about soap scum and I had ivory in the bathroom, so I went out and put some on my car window and was like woohooo, this might work MANG! people thought I was joking at first but it dows work good and the main thing is its not TOXIC.

mdog's soap method SHRINKING WAS BORN :evileye

That bar of soap will last you forever also :thumb the cost is basicly nothing per backglass.

It`s identiacal to the dryer sheet method only you use your choice of hand soap instead of a dryer sheet.  I use IVORY in the bar form.

Just get a rag and get it wet and lather the soap up in it as if you were about to wash yourself  then wipe it all over the glass, I like to go over that with a dry paper towel and smooth it out some and get all the excess off, but you dont have to do that if you dont want to, it makes it seem alot smoother if you do though.

Next just put the film on the glass in the H patern like POWDER or DRYER SHEETS

:evileye

I just get a bar of IVORY soap and get a small wash rag, wet and lather the bar of soap in it, then wipe it on the backglass and let it haze over.

As soon as it hazes over it will give the appearance of BOUNCE on the backglass. Put your film on the glass and anchor it with the H pattern or just anchor it straight across.

Thats how I do it.

Its exactly the same way as BOUNCE or DRYER SHEETS, you just substitute the soap instead. The soap seems to hold the film down better as you shrink for some reason also.

Guest MidcoastMW
I tried the soap shrink for the first time this week. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm hard headed, I fear change. The whole time I was smearing the lather on the back glass I was thinking," this is so stupid, why am I doing this?"  But OH MY GOD!!!!!!!  Mdog is a genius!!! I just got a new thing of baby powder that will never be used !!

[*]332311

What kinda vehicle was it? I take it you did it in one sheet?

...just curious

am I misreading some other threads -does the alcohol not cause any problems

or does it just gell sometimes

[*]332325

the alchohol has evaporated before the film gets laid out

nothing left but soap after that

I use it to clean with too :evileye

:thumb

Guest naughtydog

Hey Mdog,

Have you done one of the new golfs with your soap method in ATR film?

I have one tomorrow and normally have to powder shrink them as they are tricky.

When you anchor the film, do you create the H anchor with water on a rag or do you leave the soap there and use a hard card or similar to lock the film down??

Naughty

Archived