I tried the soap shrink

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried the soap shrink for the first time this week. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm hard headed, I fear change. The whole time I was smearing the lather on the back glass I was thinking," this is so stupid, why am I doing this?" But OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Mdog is a genius!!! I just got a new thing of baby powder that will never be used !!

For those of you like me (hard headed) go get some soap and try it! It's unreal, and as far as I can tell, you can't singe the edges. Yesterday was trying to singe the edges on purpose and couldn't do it! That's somethind that drives nuts, when the edge singes and no matter what you do it curls. Not no mo, Y'all done fixed the glich.

yo mang thats cool :spit I was sitting one day thinking what could work like dryer sheets.. my previous way, and I thought about soap scum and I had ivory in the bathroom, so I went out and put some on my car window and was like woohooo, this might work MANG! people thought I was joking at first but it dows work good and the main thing is its not TOXIC.

mdog's soap method SHRINKING WAS BORN :lol6

That bar of soap will last you forever also :spit the cost is basicly nothing per backglass.

[*]332329

Anyone who asked at SEMA... I told them straight... MW (aka Mdog) of Wichita Falls TX came up with the idea... :spit

Thing is that gets me is do you still do an h pattern wet or just put the film on without doing a wet h pattern, nd can you get ivory soap in uk :dunno  :twocents

[*]333404

I imagine the soap method acts much like the sizing method. If so, I do not wet anything. The extra grip that the sizing gives with a little pressure is enough to hold the horizontal line... and, if you don't wet it, you can adjust the location of your horizontal anchor is infinitely, until you have the same amount to shrink on the top and bottom.

And anchoring vertically before shrinking is not necessary... yes, I push down on the vertical edges while shrinking, but don't anchor them before starting.

Wet in an H pattern?

Being new to the trade completely, I always started out by just soaping the entire window, letting it haze then placing my film on the back glass and squeegied a + pattern to the glass then started to shrink the 4 corners. Should I wet an H pattern underneath the film and then start to shrink that way? would I shrink faster that way or ?????? Plz Explain

Archived