I tried the soap shrink

I just spit in my hand and wipe in on the middle of the glass the put the tint on and set the tint across the middle, then I use more spit to wet the sides and just loosely lay the film across it, I dont hardcard the sides down.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just spit in my hand and wipe in on the middle of the glass the put the tint on and set the tint across the middle, then I use more spit to wet the sides and just loosely lay the film across it, I dont hardcard the sides down.

[*]332370

I think this new avatar is more appropriate :evileye:thumb

I tried the soap shrink for the first time this week. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm hard headed, I fear change. The whole time I was smearing the lather on the back glass I was thinking," this is so stupid, why am I doing this?"?  But OH MY GOD!!!!!!!? Mdog is a genius!!! I just got a new thing of baby powder that will never be used !!

For those of you like me (hard headed) go get some soap and try it! It's unreal, and as far as I can tell, you can't singe the edges. Yesterday was trying to singe the edges on purpose and couldn't do it! That's somethind that drives nuts, when the edge singes and no matter what you do it curls. Not no mo, Y'all done fixed the glich.

[*]332311

What kinda vehicle was it? I take it you did it in one sheet?

...just curious

[*]332349

I started doing it on all cars as of Thursday, yesterday I did a Caddy SRS, 05 maxima, and a 96 Accord. I'm telling ya, drop the baby powder, take a bar of soap, wrap it up in a thin rag, lather it up and use it like an applicator. Least that's how I've been doing it.

By the way, how does it work on old Lexus's or caddys with thick defrosters??

I agree with the drop the baby powder comment. I used that method for years, and hated the mess it left afterward and just the thought of using powder on a contamination sensitive process bugged me.

TD helped out providing info to us tinters on alternatives (thanks TD). I tried the sizing method and have used it ever since. I will be trying out MDog's soap method eventually, but I went out and purchased an entire case of Magic Sizing, so I will have plenty of that to use for probably another year.

It's nice to share information here, with other professionals, to improve our processes and save time and money in our professions.

I don't know where my quality and efficiency would be without all of the useful info that I learned here at TD.

This site has been priceless for improving my quality, reducing time, and keeping up with all the new trends in the industry.

I remember that the first time heat-shrinking was ever suggested to me was an 8.5"x11" piece of paper with a four-step procedure and a couple of bad pictures of powder shrinking. It was in a roll of film that I ordered from my distributor. No help or explanation past that. Kinda like... here's how it works, teach yourself. Life is much better now.

I don't know where my quality and efficiency would be without all of the useful info that I learned here at TD. 

This site has been priceless for improving my quality, reducing time, and keeping up with all the new trends in the industry.

I remember that the first time heat-shrinking was ever suggested to me was an 8.5"x11" piece of paper with a four-step procedure and a couple of bad pictures of powder shrinking.  It was in a roll of film that I ordered from my distributor.  No help or explanation past that.  Kinda like... here's how it works, teach yourself.  Life is much better now.

[*]332757

I love hearing stuff like this :hmmm

Guest Diamond Tints

Thing is that gets me is do you still do an h pattern wet or just put the film on without doing a wet h pattern, nd can you get ivory soap in uk :eyebrows:please

Thing is that gets me is do you still do an h pattern wet or just put the film on without doing a wet h pattern, nd can you get ivory soap in uk :gasp  :please

[*]333404

as a wet shrinker yes,

lay film down, sgueege right throug the middle across, put all figners top and bottom.

shrink away. :eyebrows

Archived