The perfect cut..........then........

Guest redgtxdi

Guest redgtxdi

So about 10yrs ago I had a nice little setup in my 1 car townhome garage. A piece of clear plexi on the wall......(my holding glass)......my little jacked up waist pouch.......(I think it was a home depot thing cut up). Anyway...........

Another post made me recall my '89 Mazda pickup. Best thing about this sucker was the roll ups.

You could literally pull ALL gaskets & have nothing but metal, open air, glass, more open air and metal again!!! Sashes snapped out.........perimeter gasket pulled out easily......(nice, soft rubber) and the little side-view mirror triangle either screwed or snapped out (don't remember which).

Anyway, I get this PERFECTLY cut piece of film done for it......(I was young then & got tint tickets regularly.....LOL).......and I peel the liner, turn around to the truck only to hear the film fall off the plexi & onto the dust, lint, leaf etc. filled garage floor!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

So after I curse up a small infastructure of obscenities, I pick it up & throw it back on the plexi & just look at it. I said, WTF, & pumped up my sprayer & started sprayin' the livin' daylights out of it & rubbin' w/ my fingertips. Got it to where it looked clean & installed it anyway.

Believe it or not...........BEST LOOKIN' window I EVER did on that truck!!! I could not believe it.....nor will I ever forget it!!

:beer

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
So about 10yrs ago I had a nice little setup in my 1 car townhome garage.  A piece of clear plexi on the wall......(my holding glass)......my little jacked up waist pouch.......(I think it was a home depot thing cut up).  Anyway...........

Another post made me recall my '89 Mazda pickup.  Best thing about this sucker was the roll ups.

You could literally pull ALL gaskets & have nothing but metal, open air, glass, more open air and metal again!!!  Sashes snapped out.........perimeter gasket pulled out easily......(nice, soft rubber) and the little side-view mirror triangle either screwed or snapped out (don't remember which).

Anyway, I get this PERFECTLY cut piece of film done for it......(I was young then & got tint tickets regularly.....LOL).......and I peel the liner, turn around to the truck only to hear the film fall off the plexi & onto the dust, lint, leaf etc. filled garage floor!!!  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

So after I curse up a small infastructure of obscenities, I pick it up & throw it back on the plexi & just look at it.  I said, WTF, & pumped up my sprayer & started sprayin' the livin' daylights out of it & rubbin' w/ my fingertips.  Got it to where it looked clean & installed it anyway.

Believe it or not...........BEST LOOKIN' window I EVER did on that truck!!!  I could not believe it.....nor will I ever forget it!!

:beer

[*]333022

been there got the tee shirt .way to go dude,glad it worked out fer ya

Archived