graphics etched into tint ?

I was thinking more along the "skull" line..you know ..graphics that you can't..or would be difficult to cut out by hand.

Leo..are those flames built int othe film itself or installed seperately  :lol2  I've seen flames built into film B4 here..but they looked REAL cheap..those flames look much better  :)

[*]333311

:) This flames You can install in some minutes (You not me :rollin:lol2 ) they are with metallic color, and look not very cheap :) So, from one side You can cut this flames easy, and may e in different look, from other hand - You can do flame jobs fast and easy. Time You spend = Money You can earn.

I understand Your idea - pattern which can't be hand cutted. I also know only about skulls, I have lot on ideas - but it need more time for promoting. In reality is possible to print everything....For example GILA have Carbon looking film (never seen it in real life, let's ask MeTint).....

post-439-1130952459.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand Your idea - pattern which can't be hand cutted. I also know only about skulls, I have lot on ideas - but it need more time for promoting.

[*]333338

It's strange..we've all heard of and have seen skulls so the technology is there ..I'm surprised that they (film manufacturers ) don't do anything other than skulls .

If you had the time (and customers the money) you could tint a window with a clear brand name film first..then go over it with a "cheaper graphic brand"..that way the good brand is protecting the "not so good graphic brand" from the UV rays :lol2

..or maybe I have too much time on my hands this time of yr t othink of these things :rollin

I understand Your idea - pattern which can't be hand cutted. I also know only about skulls, I have lot on ideas - but it need more time for promoting.

[*]333338

It's strange..we've all heard of and have seen skulls so the technology is there ..I'm surprised that they (film manufacturers ) don't do anything other than skulls .

If you had the time (and customers the money) you could tint a window with a clear brand name film first..then go over it with a "cheaper graphic brand"..that way the good brand is protecting the "not so good graphic brand" from the UV rays :)

..or maybe I have too much time on my hands this time of yr t othink of these things :)

[*]333341

To make film with skull = to make decorative film like DECOGARD, DECOLITE, Illusion e.t.c. - I mean technology.

It's not hard - but manufacturers are afraid to sell. There are no such :lol2 idiots in window film team who will start to sell skulls, or tribals or :rollin Manufacturers will beter make New True SmokedCharCool and sell it fast and easy. It's complicated question - WHY?

It's philosophy. In reality manufacturers MUST MAKE PEOPLE TO BUY.

But instead it they SELL WHAT PEOPLE BUY.

Hmmmmmm...How I may say in English. :) They don't want to resque. From other side monster teams make so large propoganda of cheap :) films that they are affraid now same looking films.

They are afraid to make gradations - because somebody will cry cheap as!an crap e.t.c.

It's philosophy - and my language won't allow me to explain everything I think.

Quality? :lol2 But I am still thinking that 3 years for ANY AUTOMOTIVE film is O.K. Flat glass - more. But automotive 3 years warranty must be maximum. I can tell You that flames will be OK after 2 years - I saw it :lol2

post-439-1130954750.jpg

the name of the company that we got that film from was JAX Inc.  My boss thinks they are out of business now.  the film was really expensive.  like $150 for enough film to do one car.  :dunno

[*]333772

:gasp It's skulls or flames? Or something else? I am still in Biz, and have some flameZ :lol6

As I have info SKULLS manufacturing is stopped now....There are some items somewhere on eBay and may be in Axius.......yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah, Jax, I heard about...

Guest tint rookie

thought of selling em on a phantom look?

piggy backed over graphics cut outa 50 or something light?

or as a longshot....trying to think outside the box here for ya,

prep your glass as normal, mask out your flame or what ever pattern on the inside, purposely contaminate the glass. maybe a fog of uv resistant clear enamel. pull your mask and paper down, tint over it, after its FULLY cured.

there would have to be at least an inch border all the way around so the film would have some real glass to stick to...

no telling what it'll do long term and would try it on a spare shop glass first. I still wouldnt warranty it though.

hell if it works you'de be offering something no one else does, charge accordingly.

let us know

the name of the company that we got that film from was JAX Inc.  My boss thinks they are out of business now.  the film was really expensive.  like $150 for enough film to do one car.  :dunno

[*]333772

yea that stuff was ridiculous, and they only had one type of color or shoade, blue (purple) and silvery looking..... :gasp

Archived