Heres a question for the pros regarding Layering..

Guest EcL1pZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol.. As I wait for blade to reply to my last message to him.. I have this funny feeling.. ever so slightly.. thats I am being flamed in a most respectable way every now and then since I started this post.

I am glad its not all outright flaming because on other forums Im the one usually sticking up for the newb asking the questions.. except on one where I flame them to hell when they ask stupid stuff because they should just know better :lol

Read this post from several days ago and you will get a feeling of how the PRO's think.

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21707

[*]334017

that sucks for him :lol

Tint rookie: Right I get it.. Just debating if to pay the $ to take it off rear doors too.. but might look weird.. applying my new found knowledge in tint math... I would have 14% in front windows, 14% in rear glass, and then 2.8% in the rear door windows.. Blah I guess I might as well pay to take all the double layers off, I hope it still wet enough where they dont have to spend an insane amount of time taking it off, or for that matter, picking off the original film .. which in turn means I have to do it all over again.

Just to add, from that other post you linked me to, I saw how dark and how much that level tint inhibits your visiblity to drive. The places I am in NY arn't always the brightest, and well lit. I had a car behind me and I bairly saw the silhouette of the vehicle... only the shine of the lights accented my spoiler so Thats how I knew someone was behind me. The danger level alone is enough to stop me. Believe me, I am used to riding with 15 and 20s on the window.. but I had no idea how much of a different going to 5% or a little below would do to driving. DURING DAY it looked like dusk.

Guest tint rookie

yeah, glad you agree, just do it right.

you'll be glad you did in the long run.

you can sneek around the law.

you cant sneek around quality.

film sounds like it hasnt been on there long, and its 2x thick, you might be able to pull off the removal yourself

Archived