Heres a question for the pros regarding Layering..

Guest EcL1pZ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I won't do it then. Its once you pass 35% it gets bad right? Around 20% is OK.. but under that it just gets bad as I have found out. I won't get nailed because I am a leo.

Just one last thing for all you guys. From the input I recieved, I will not do 5% again. Its just too nasty for vision. Just one final question. 20% layed twice, will give me that 5%.. what does 35% layered twice give me? (My glass says 70% on it)

Thanks

I failed most of my math classes :(

I mean, unless I am missing something, I always saw it as.. 100% light comes in, with 20% tint, only 20% comes in, then if you put 20% on top of 20%, its 20% of 20, which is 4. So that means its really 4%?

But, my windows were 70%, so 20% of 70 is 14, and if you put 20% on top of that, it makes it 2.8% ?

Haha, I'm probably wrong, but thats just what I thought.

sounds like you can do enough math to figure out the film thing.  :please

[*]334002

lol.. I didn't know it was that simple. Haha, Well I guess everything I needed to know was answered... oh wait, one more thing to bother you all with :please

5% I was told by others was a no no. It's just too dark for night driving.. ok. I'll assume that my 70% stock glass, with 35% layered twice, which makes 8.57% isn't really much better than 5%. In your experience, the lowest you should go on the back glass, (since its stock 70%), is probably just putting 20% on right? Also my rear windows have the 20 layered twice.. but since its just the rear windows, I might as well leave it on.

Archived