SEMA

Guest thetintshop

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Classic... was the photo being taken for whatever marketing piece and it had a couple of beer sluggers up in the middle... ah yes... and we all cry for respect from the rest of the business world. :inot 

you don't remember me comin' by last year metint? I always had a beer in each hand. you're just upset cause all the tinters were at their booth and not yours. :DD

Classic... was the photo being taken for whatever marketing piece and it had a couple of beer sluggers up in the middle... ah yes... and we all cry for respect from the rest of the business world. :inot?

you don't remember me comin' by last year metint? I always had a beer in each hand. you're just upset cause all the tinters were at their booth and not yours. :DD

[*]334569

:DD

At least the pics weren't being snapped at the time you were there....

I tried getting into a couple of their shots while watching the sweat roll off those brows.

Some film suppliers cater to the existing image of the industry, others try desperately to move away from it. It's a losing battle... because for the most part when a tinter's squeegee gets put down, a bottle or can gets picked up. BTDT.

Guest tintgod
:rollin typed up a whole long post, and it wouldn't let me post it. kept me wanting me to sign in. ended up losing the whole thing. guess god didn't want me saying the things I had to say.? :beer

:lol ..I can just imagine what those words were..but at the same time...I would have agreed with every one of them.. :thumb

so I will say this--many props go out to guest, who, bless his heart, chose to endure my constant biatching, cursing, and complaining. :DD

[*]334143

thanks TTS.. :thumb ..but believe it or not...you werent to bad..I think I did my share of biatching and complaining :lol..and cursin..just most of it under my breathe

Guest tintgod
OK, I can't stand it---I have to say it.

I actually saw a guy get a 50" plasma tv for producing the best "sub par" tint job out of a group of mostly underqualified tinters.

this industry is becoming a total joke. and I witnessed it at the top level this week.

[*]334144

:thumb ...I agree 100%...I will just have to say...the installers that " I saw " were " sub par "

there was not a tint job that I saw done in the tint off that would not pass to leave my shop

all I told myself is why didn't I compete in this..there were some horrible jobs done..to say the least..from light gaps on the sides to trash and creases....I even saw one that had a inch gap at the bottom....and the guy left it there..he tried to roll the window down to hide it.. :thumb

just to give you an idea of that they had to tint ..first...they competed on a door glass of a ford focus...12 minutes to complete it..top 8 went to final..where they had to do a bug back glass and 26 minutes to complete that..granted..that isn't a lot of time..which is why most of the competaters decided to do them in two pieces.. :lol

lets just say it was entertaining and that is it :beer:rollin

Archived