Welp....I tried my first shrink..........

Guest redgtxdi

Guest redgtxdi

Once I commit the creases to death & the haze dries up, it'll be about a "D", but I was hopin' for about a "B". (I was doubtful my first shrink would be perfect)

Anyway............long story short..........I went out, got the Wagner gun, dryer sheeted the film, 'H' anchored it & started goin'. After a couple minutes, I chucked the glove & started gettin' down to business. Things were going OK, except I let the fingers get away from me.

Diagonal fingers = trouble!!!

I kept trying to pull the film back to the four quadrants I'd isolated, but by the time I was done, I was outta' room & left with some damage on the sides.

Bryan.........kudos to you man.........you make it look too easy, for sure!!! :thumb

Anyway, after I realized I wasn't gonna have the sheet I really wanted, I decided to make the best of it & trim as close to the border as possible. Got a good job done there, then tried to reverse roll it.........wow..........that didn't go well. Went back outside & did the good old-fashioned Frankenstein! *********Now, since I've only ever seamed back glass's before, this was a rude awakening to carryin' a piece this big into the backseat of a car. FUDGE!!! (among other words).

Well, I made it in & got it up on the glass. As bad as I fubarred the Frankenstein, I still got about 99% contamination free. (Thank God) So, I pressed once, twice, three times a lady & realized I pretty much had what I thought I had. The sides killed me. Shrinkin' the top & bottom went nicely & the results are nice, but I blew it on the sides & now I've got a shotty job. Oh well......it's my car & it's better than the bubbled purple crap I had up there. Maybe next summer I'll scrape it & try it again, but definitely need to practice shrinking, that's for sure!

Here's some pics......... :rollin

post-15896-1131315334.jpg

post-15896-1131315353.jpg

post-15896-1131315363.jpg

Guest MidcoastMW

what kinda car is that? No rear defroster aye?

I've recently started shrinking as well, so I hear ya about the "diagonal" fingerz. lol, it's a pain man, but keep goin...each time it will come out a lil nicer.

Guest MidcoastMW
  As bad as I fubarred the Frankenstein, I still got about 99% contamination free.

[*]334725

....just wait a couple days untill the contamn. shows itself. :rollin

? As bad as I fubarred the Frankenstein, I still got about 99% contamination free.

[*]334725

....just wait a couple days untill the contamn. shows itself. :thumb

[*]334730

:rollin:thumb

Guest redgtxdi
? As bad as I fubarred the Frankenstein, I still got about 99% contamination free.

[*]334725

....just wait a couple days untill the contamn. shows itself. :rollin

[*]334730

Naw........no worries there. Definitely been tintin' long enough to know when it's contameeed. It ain't here. Film really never touched anything but itself & I had the interior of this thing spotless before she landed.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Drivin' about an hour tonight on the freeway lent itself to much better visibility. I just bought this car and I've never owned a "purpled up bubble wrap" myself, so I can say it's much easier on the eyes.

I'll push them damn fingers & creases into oblivion tomorrow w/ a 6ft. breaker bar w/ a popsicle stick on the end............LOL!!!!!!

P.S. The car is a '95 Geo Prizm

:thumb

accolades for trying -keep plugging it wont happen overnight :please

:beer  :lol2  :lol2

hell and as far as the job goes call TINT his customers would think your perfect with a job like that :lol6

like I said keep pluggin good things will happen with practice :evileye

[*]334741

I think your stupid comments are getting out of hand, you dont know what type of work I do, I maybe younger than most I've got the experience and learned from the best. so stop that shiat you focking idiot.

all in fun TW you know that....... I'll just move to another sandbox....How about yours :beer  :evileye

[*]334843

I wear protective goggles whe nin the sandbox for the likes of guys like you :please:lol6

Guest shadetree
then tried to reverse roll it.........wow..........that didn't go well.  Went back outside & did the good old-fashioned Frankenstein!

so, you salvaged the piece after the reverse roll attempt? How?

:evileye

Guest tintgod
Bryan.........kudos to you man.........you make it look too easy, for sure!!!

thanks man...it took alot of practice to be able to shrink like that...just keep at it...and you will get it

if not...I can send you the another vid at $19.95 + s/h at 39.95... :evileye

Archived