Welp....I tried my first shrink..........

Guest redgtxdi

Guest tintgod
[if not.I can send you the another vid at $19.95 + s/h at 39.95... :spit

[*]334861

39.95 is TOO CHEAP-it should be at least $99 :evileye

[*]334872

ok...the price just went up...99$ s/h :please

Guest redgtxdi
so, you salvaged the piece after the reverse roll attempt?  How? 

:spit

[*]334849

Well, If there's anything I'm good at, it's salvaging film!! (Pretty pathetic to be good at, but, que sera....LOL)

I didn't want to anchor the film on the glass until I had all the clear peeled off. So, I kept trying to anchor w/ my finger tips & then roll the clear off. Well, maybe I should've just grabbed the clear & tried *pulling* on *it* instead of literally "unrolling" as I just found myself one hand too few.

So, as I only had it about 1/3 unrolled, I just carried it back onto the outside, peeled the clear wetting it as I did, then went back inside & soaked the inside pretty good again, then grabbed the film, scrunched my 6'2" 230lb arse into the back seat of my Prizm......(grrrr).....and put it up the old fashioned way. Only problem there was that I'm used to carrying strips in, but because of no defrosters plus the fact that I'd just rather learn, I wanted to shrink & do one piece.

Anyway, long story short, I eventually muscled it up on the glass.

Last night & this morning, I fought my best fight against a couple leftover creases & fingers........(remember, I made the creases during the shrink, so there was no salvaging those)......and from a few feet back it looks nearly perfect, but when you get close, you can see a couple on each side. Oh well, it was definitely a learning experience!

Guest redgtxdi

Well, I've got a '98 Ford F150, xcept it gets about 12mpg. I love that truck, but it goes on super-part time duty these days!

I've also got a '98 Camry.......(love that car).........but the wife now drives that one.

I picked up the Prizm 'cuz it was cheap!!! And, because it's basically a Toyota Corolla. It's a Gen7 so it's got plenty of room inside actually, just the backseat area is a little cramped........(thus my issue w/ room during the back glass).

For $1,800, I've got a car that gets 26mpg city & 30mpg highway w/ auto, air, stereo, new tires, new brakes & 128,000 miles. I've put on 3,000 miles since I bought it & went over everything mechanically myself & she's tight as a drum. It'll probably go to my mother when I'm done since she wants a 2nd car to curb the MPG on her Chrysler Town & Country.

Now...........we'll have to see if I actually have the balls to redo my own Camry as the Solar Gard HP on that sucker's toast! I might just give it to the local guy just 'cuz he's soooo freakin' good. (After 25+ years, I hope so). I'll probably try & strip it just so I can try the trashbag technique again, but I dunno 'bout the install. Maybe he'll let me sit in. He's always been cool to me.

Archived