"Ghosting"

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

As the title states........can someone please explain what this is?? Ive seen the term in some post around here.

Is it shrink marks on a back glass showing thru from the inside if you look really closley? I'm having that problem in spots....and Im squeegin' like a mug.

Guest VOLTRON

so what about when it happens on flatglass? I think it is from having an air pocket when installing on a hot window. There is still water there it is just that the tint hasnt touch the window yet so it is an airpocket untill u push it on the glass. :rollin

so what about when it happens on flatglass? I think it is from having an air pocket when installing on a hot window. There is still water there it is just that the tint hasnt touch the window yet so it is an airpocket untill u push it on the glass. :please

[*]334798

it goes away usually in hours, or lets say you got a row of windows to do, upon just finishing each window, when your done it leaves a haze, or cloudy look, let it sit there it starts to evaporate away, by the time your half way through the first ones you did have already gotten rid of the haze, or cloud. get it?

depneding on what type of film you use, it varies, some films dry in minutes or that "haze" goes away, some take hours, some take days :lol6:evileye

Guest VOLTRON

yea it does go away but when the home owner looks at it and is like wtf is that. With most films it dries pretty fast like you are saying tint, but with films like Huper Optik it does last a little longer and I think it is because of the ps adhesive or maybe that it is a thinker film. I dont know what the reason is but I have seen it and it does go away.

Guest Sprinter
As the title states........can someone please explain what this is??  Ive seen the term in some post around here.

Is it shrink marks on a back glass showing thru from the inside if you look really closley?  I'm having that problem in spots....and Im squeegin' like a mug.

[*]334792

your putting to much heat on one area of the film instead of spreading it out simply put your over heating your film. I think its more easily seen from the outside.

I have also used the term for explaining the little teeny (smaller than contamination marks) air bubbles that occur around the perimeter of a finger that has insufficient slip solution in it before hitting it with a hard-card.

Usually, it happens at the end of an install, and a finger pops up, and if you don't add extra slip, it will leave a print that will not go away, unless you peel back the film and add more slip.

Archived