2006 corvette

Guest jennifer

Guest jennifer

I own a tint shop and have been tinting for a little over three years. Next week I have a 2006 Corvette to do and I am unsure of how I will shrink the back window in one piece. I use Madico, Black Onyx film ad would greatly appreciate any tips on these cars.

Please Help!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I own a tint shop and have been tinting for a little over three years. Next week I have a 2006 Corvette to do and I am unsure of how I will shrink the back window in one piece. I use Madico, Black Onyx film ad would greatly appreciate any tips on these cars.

Please Help!!!

[*]334823

Well... the 06 is the same glass as the 05 and I saw a couple of seasoned tinters get whipped trying that glass at the LLu booth/SEMA... that was with ATR 35...

Mad Onx... may I suggest 2 piece... :evileye

Please Help!!!

[*]334823

Its not easy at all, you may need a few more years experience to get it in one! It takes me about a half hour just to shrink. One of my competetors here has been tinting for about 5 years, and he couldnt get it in one. Good Luck!

Guest tintgod

I have done one 05' dont know if the glass is the same...but I didnt have any problem with it...wene I did it I was still using drier sheets...it just take a good tinter I guess.. :please:evileye

Guest tint rookie

since were all tooting our own horns here.

I do em wet still.

I do cheat, and mark which direction the factory edges are truely facing with a china marker, after the film is laid down on the glass.

if you have min exp. on em take your time. I can do one in 30 min. just cruisin. 16 min double gunnin it (just to show off to a rep as to why I didnt use his film).

dont be afraid to let some areas cool down while you work others, comes out a lil more even.

post-13282-1131376427.jpgMy competitor did the sides on this car and gave up on the back glass-so I Helped him out for a small fee!The same amount he charged for the whole car! :evileye Used lulu atr15 and shrank it with soap- took 30 minutes start to finish. It really seemed like an easy glass! :please ss

Archived