2006 corvette

Guest jennifer

It seemed to be harder than an NSX.... due to its length. I dry shrunk it the best I could.. then wet it and forced the left over fingers into places that were workable (not easy, the bottom? its 5" wide... its all curved!)

05vette.jpg

Took a bit of time. But, I got it done. now I know...and knowing is half the battle!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seemed to be harder than an NSX.... due to its length.  I dry shrunk it the best I could.. then wet it and forced the left over fingers into places that were workable (not easy, the bottom? its 5" wide... its all curved!) 

05vette.jpg

Took a bit of time. But, I got it done. now I know...and knowing is half the battle!

[*]335313

Where are you anchoring the glass, higher or lower than center?

I haven't done one yet myself, but a friend just got one.

I may see it soon.

It seemed to be harder than an NSX.... due to its length.? I dry shrunk it the best I could.. then wet it and forced the left over fingers into places that were workable (not easy, the bottom? its 5" wide... its all curved!)?

05vette.jpg

[*]335313

Where are you anchoring the glass, higher or lower than center?

I haven't done one yet myself, but a friend just got one.

I may see it soon.

[*]338155

Um, U mean when shrinking? I set it across the middle (horizontally) and the sides just the forward parts, not the bottom. shrunk most of the loose film out, and then wet it and squeegied, and shrunk the rest out as not to over-shrink or melt.

Guest losdawg
did an 05 using suntek hp, used the M-dizzle method and it turen out great! :beer

[*]334854

Thats good to know, Im supposed to do one next week w/ suntek hp

I be usin m-dizzle on it too. :dunno

[*]338193

thats what I used. tried powder, tried wet...I cussed and yelled till I did the m-dizzle fer hizzle method and it worked great..good luck :beer

Archived