2006 corvette

Guest jennifer

wow 20 min is fast.? me and my partner have done one in 30 min.? that was the fastest time.? we've never been able to reproduce that since.? that one time I used llullu atr5 on the back.? most of our customers go with? atr15 which doesnt shrink as much so it takes more time.?

torching does work, I dont do it though.

[*]348314

Well, the 20 min wasn't the whole car, probably 45min to maybe an hour on the whole car. Which is a bit long on a car with 3 windows

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guys have done 3 now with baby powder and a torch, 1 piece, using SolarGard 22 HP Charcoal, doesn't take them much longer than about 20 minutes on them.

[*]347354

]Bullsh****, gonna have to call ya out on that one, dude, ain't no way, and what the hell are you talking about, a torch??????? What are your guys, cavemen??????

[*]347740

You are so right, just because you can't do it, then nobody can. I'm with you tintiwannabenater. :thumb

[*]347901

I got something you can pull right here buddie...... Anyway, everybody on this damn site exaggerates so much, it's annoying, I've been tinting a long time, too,.... and you're not tinting the back window of a 06 Corvette in no 20 minutes, and using a blowtorch is just plain retarded. How much faster do you need to be??

My guys have done 3 now with baby powder and a torch, 1 piece, using SolarGard 22 HP Charcoal, doesn't take them much longer than about 20 minutes on them.

[*]347354

]Bullsh****, gonna have to call ya out on that one, dude, ain't no way, and what the hell are you talking about, a torch??????? What are your guys, cavemen??????

[*]347740

You are so right, just because you can't do it, then nobody can. I'm with you tintiwannabenater. :thumb

[*]347901

I got something you can pull right here buddie...... Anyway, everybody on this damn site exaggerates so much, it's annoying, I've been tinting a long time, too,.... and you're not tinting the back window of a 06 Corvette in no 20 minutes, and using a blowtorch is just plain retarded. How much faster do you need to be??

[*]348588

Faster is better when you are booked out 10 tint a day for 2 weeks and raising prices just doesn't seem to help. We tried hiring more help, but they can't keep up with the quality of the two I have, so we do what we can.

Guest Page's
I own a tint shop and have been tinting for a little over three years. Next week I have a 2006 Corvette to do and I am unsure of how I will shrink the back window in one piece. I use Madico, Black Onyx film ad would greatly appreciate any tips on these cars.

Please Help!!!

Waaaasup , Ive tinted 2 05 vettes and 3 of 06 zo6's there no cakewalk by anymeans . The first couple with the hatch open 3rd or 4th defrost down from top started on side make a relief cut towards the middle of glass on defrost line about 18 inches maybe more (no coffee) needs to be steady then pull top part back soak it down then lay it back on glass , Now you have a old school overlap that mr.o6 z06 is not going to appreciate, take your time break a blade and trim off excess LOOKS LIKE MONEY IF YOU DONT SLIP!!!!! Man I even tried getting 60 inch and turning sideways so I could shrink it sideways BAAAD IDEA TRUST ME! But the last two ive done in 1 piece no cuts just relax you can do it. Hope it helps you man keep your head up!!!! TINTING IS LIKE MOWING TALL GRASS YOU KNOW WHERE YOU BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol2

Didnt my first one a couple weeks ago....Here is what helped me...I foudn that the saop meathod must be used... Leave you a good amount of excess around the side... On a side note trim it before you take it to the car cause if its a fresh straight off the truck corvette thne the paint is still fresh and the tint can scratch it pretty deep (trust me I know)...second key thing to know is that once a area stops wanting to shrink...mostly in the bottom corners..just walk away and go work on something on the other side of the glass.. or just take a break..let the glass cool and then try to tackle that area again... If you have time and well want to make a little extra ask if they want they dont want a light line (around the front doors) and files thoes babys down...It will look pimp!!!

(we used Llu 5%) took a couple trys but then got it figured out)

Guest vclimber
My main concern -besides the obvious-is the damage such high heat does to the adhesive-Wheres Metint when you need him? :beer

Good point. Think about this, weathered polyester is heated to about 1,500F and the pores open up and the UV absorber is sprayed on. Film cools, pores shrink closed and whalla! weatherd polyester. Now what happens when you put a 2,500F flame to it? :dunno

Archived