2006 corvette

Guest jennifer

Guest Sprinter
I own a tint shop and have been tinting for a little over three years. Next week I have a 2006 Corvette to do and I am unsure of how I will shrink the back window in one piece. I use Madico, Black Onyx film ad would greatly appreciate any tips on these cars.

Please Help!!!

[*]334823

Well... the 06 is the same glass as the 05 and I saw a couple of seasoned tinters get whipped trying that glass at the LLu booth/SEMA... that was with ATR 35...

Mad Onx... may I suggest 2 piece... :evileye

[*]334841

what year was that?

do you think shrinking this car is more difficult than an NSX ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I own a tint shop and have been tinting for a little over three years. Next week I have a 2006 Corvette to do and I am unsure of how I will shrink the back window in one piece. I use Madico, Black Onyx film ad would greatly appreciate any tips on these cars.

Please Help!!!

[*]334823

Well... the 06 is the same glass as the 05 and I saw a couple of seasoned tinters get whipped trying that glass at the LLu booth/SEMA... that was with ATR 35...

Mad Onx... may I suggest 2 piece... :evileye

[*]334841

o please, like its not the same with llumar :please:lol6

I have done one 05' dont know if  the glass is the same...

[*]334860

05 and 06 are the same glass according to the NAGS book...

My guess from what I saw when film was laid on for shrinking is that the machine direction must be watched closely to succeed. Too easy to be shrinking at an angle to MD.

Tint... Onyx may shrink well and I may have it confused with charcool, which is a pigmented poly that doesn't shrink well.

This back glass is definitely not a one-piece for the like of HO, VK or AVS film types.

I have done one 05' dont know if  the glass is the same...

[*]334860

05 and 06 are the same glass according to the NAGS book...

My guess from what I saw when film was laid on for shrinking is that the machine direction must be watched closely to succeed. Too easy to be shrinking at an angle to MD.

Tint... Onyx may shrink well and I may have it confused with charcool, which is a pigmented poly that doesn't shrink well.

This back glass is definitely not a one-piece for the like of HO, VK or AVS film types.

[*]334922

:whisper just a friendly poke metint.

I can do a one piecer with onyx, but then you have that ghosting :gasp reaction afterwards, I've global's qdp one piece, it was fabulous.

TINT ROOK- still doing them wet.

Guest jennifer
so what do you think this vette is easier to shrink than either an intrepid or a 05 grand prix ?

[*]334891

Thanks for all the pointers and welcomes everyone. Hopefully it's easier to do than an intrepid, I did a 1994 Intrepid this summer. No problems. I think I'll try wet shrinking it.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Archived