2006 corvette

Guest jennifer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guys have done 3 now with baby powder and a torch, 1 piece, using SolarGard 22 HP Charcoal, doesn't take them much longer than about 20 minutes on them.

[*]347354

]Bullsh****, gonna have to call ya out on that one, dude, ain't no way, and what the hell are you talking about, a torch??????? What are your guys, cavemen??????

Guest 1PEECBARETTA
My guys have done 3 now with baby powder and a torch, 1 piece, using SolarGard 22 HP Charcoal, doesn't take them much longer than about 20 minutes on them.

[*]347354

]Bullsh****, gonna have to call ya out on that one, dude, ain't no way, and what the hell are you talking about, a torch??????? What are your guys, cavemen??????

[*]347740

super easy car to tint . 20 min. start to finish. 1 peace and all. the sungard rep in my area is going to come by and watch me do one so he can pass on tips and info to others.

Torch shrinks tint way fast, if you've never done it, do it, torch and a cotton glove for smoothing it out rather than a hard card. Average time to shrink a run of the mill backglass is under 5 minutes start to finish, most doors a minute or two. Use a torch with a push button ignition like this http://doitbest.com/shop/product.asp?mscss...2212&sku=306868

It's a must have for speedy dry shrinking, heat guns are old school.

We tried the torch back in the 90s. Yall go ahead-That car only takes 30 minutes with a heatgun!

[*]347784

One of my guys has used the torch for 4-5 years now, my other one about a year since we hireed the torch guy. I've used them both too, I prefer the torch, but I'm a noob at tinting tinting my 2 installers have about 20 years each.

[*]347354

[*]347740

You are so right, just because you can't do it, then nobody can. I'm with you tintiwannabenater. :jerkit

wow 20 min is fast. me and my partner have done one in 30 min. that was the fastest time. we've never been able to reproduce that since. that one time I used llullu atr5 on the back. most of our customers go with atr15 which doesnt shrink as much so it takes more time.

torching does work, I dont do it though.

Archived