Help

Guest honda

I want to tint my 2005 4 door honda civic LX. I know nothing about window tinting and recently visited a shop near where I live. They have a brand of window tint that they use called Protect Gaurd. Is this a good brand? A friend told me to ask them if they have the Lumar Brand and they told me that the Protect Gaurd brand they carry is actually better. They quoted me a price of $200 to tint all 4 windows and the rear window as well. They offer a 90 day warranty. I asked about a lifetime warranty and they said they dont offer that but seemed to strongly believe in this Protect Gaurd tinting and told me it won't bubble or fade. If anything happens to the tint, to come back and they will fix it.. but gauranteed I wouldn't have any problems. I live in Mass and they suggested I go with the 39% tint since 35% and up is legal in my state. So can anyone help and actually tell me if this is a good quality tint and should I be ok with the warranty and assurance that they give me?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

the fact that you are asking for advise suggests that they did'nt give you a great deal of confidence in doing buisness with them. go with your gut feeling and shop a round. Find a place that makes you feel good about spending your hard earned cash on your ride. Also , look for a genuine lifetime warrenty . LLumar is a terrific product, and thier warrenty is unbeatable.

I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. Like I said previously, I do not know much about tinting and that is why I sought your help.. thank you so much and I definitely will not go to this place. Whats everyones suggestion on the brand I should go with once I find a reputable place. LLumar ?? and I will make sure I get a lifetime warranty. Thanks again in advance.

Honda

I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions.  Like I said previously,  I do not know much about tinting and that is why I sought your help..  thank you so much and I definitely will not go to this place.  Whats everyones suggestion on the brand I should go with once I find a reputable place.  LLumar ??  and I will make sure I get a lifetime warranty.  Thanks again in advance.

Honda

[*]335777

There are many well constructed window film brand names out there... LLumar being one of them.

Warranties aside... choose a shop by the quality of their work. Get out and drive over to a shop and see their work... you like and they carry a name product recognized as being around for the length of time this industry's existed (30-40 years), go with 'em.

<snip>

"check back with us when you get it done,and give us the scoop."

I definitely will.. I just got back from checking out this other joint around the way.. When asked the dude what types of tint they got he told me they only use one kind (forgot the name) and only had a few selections of darkness. When he asked me what type I was looking for I told him that I'ver heard LLumar was good and of course dude was like, "Oh this brand we use is better than LLumar. Dude handed me his business card, needless to say I ripped it up on the ground in front of the place.. This is the second place I've been to that when I mentioned LLumar , they were both like "Oh, the brand we have is better.."

Well, hopefully I can find a reputable place with quality stuff else I will not be getting my windows tinted..

Guest Sprinter

oooou slam there,

yes I have heard of protect gaurd out of florida saw them a few years ago at sema.

90 day warranty wish we all could sell that but when the customers ask for the lifetime warranty what do you do.

I remember being on vacation in southern California and this tint shop was only giving out a 30 day warranty :bingo

Archived