Silver Spots

Guest woodranch

Guest woodranch

I just had my 3 rear windows tinted on a new car.It has been 2 days since it was done.However in the right light I can see 2 or 3 small silver spots.Should I redo the windows or am I being to picky.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest whale hung
I just had my 3 rear windows tinted on a new car.It has been 2 days since it was done.However in the right light I can see 2 or 3 small silver spots.Should I redo the windows or am I being to picky.

[*]340808

is it moisture ? and if not how big are they and wear ?

It is no doubt b loody annoying if a customer comes back and says 'in this light' or 'at this angle' but if they do I will re-tint no questions asked. So if it bothers you get it re-done if it doesn't don't. :whisper

Actually come to think of it, silver spots like you mention sometimes come from something that has scuffed the glass and cant be removed. I have come across it often :coffee

Guest woodranch

They are very small.....about this size "o".They are circular and can only be seen in certain reflections.They are located of to the sides not directly in the middle.I don't think they are moisture for it has been 2 days.They are silvery looking spots when you see them.

Guest tint rookie

some brand new cars do come with etch marks. some full sets of #'s for recovery from chop shops, other marks are for aligning the glass upon install.

could be contam. cant tell w/out a pic or seeing it in person. let it set a week. if it still bothers you. go bother the shop that did the work.

They are very small.....about this size "o".They are circular and can only be seen in certain reflections.They are located of to the sides not directly in the middle.I don't think they are moisture for it has been 2 days.They are silvery looking spots when you see them.

[*]340815

If I go out right now and look at the film on my car I will see a couple of small silvery specks like this 'o' at certain angles and lighting conditions and I won't beat around the bush in saying they are minor specks of contamination trapped under the film causing the film to 'tent' over it.

Nature of an install... done as best as possible always striving to avoid contaminants of any size shape or color... imperfect world we live in.

I only notice them when I wash the car and by days end the very airborne dust that may be the culprit of your inquiry has dusted the windows to the point of not noticed anymore.

Archived