Silver Spots

Guest woodranch

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest woodranch

The spots (2) are on the side window and you can barely feel them with your finger.The interesting thing is you will see them more during the day.A night its hard to pick up.

Guest tint rookie

you can have the tinter redo it if your that 4|\|4L.

but theres no guarantee it will turn out any better.

most tinter know how to remove film safely, but you are risking scratching during removal. the risk is remote. but a risk none the less.

be sure to bring the step ladder to stand on and tripod lighting so you can recreate the odd 33 degree angle to illuminate the minute specks.

im willing to bet you havent posted pics yet, because they arent photogenic.

I still assume they're scuff marks. I know the cars new but you'd be suprised how beat up some cars get before they return to 'showroom condition'. Anyway, I don't care anymore. :dunno

Another opinion - for what its worth!

Most mentioned silver marks on glass on inside as a result of something scraping glass. These are generally know as "metal bruises" where something has comeinto contact and a residue has been left on the glass. New cars have them as well - they are made by man not god (if there is a god - whole new subject :dunno I digress). These metal bruises can be taken off with very fine emery paper but you must be careful or you will end up doing more damage - leave to someone with experience.

The other thing it could be is an oil spot - new glass is become cheaper and poorer in quality you only have to look at new Voyagers once tinted the windows are litered with oil spots on the outside.

Try some very fine wire wool 000 guage on the OUTSIDE of the glass to see if it will come off.

Yes you can get perfection with the right methods, a quality tinter should be able to produce a finish that the untrained eye thinks is perfection. The devil is in the detail - no level of contamination is acceptable if you can see it - grasshopper. :thumb

Another opinion? - for what its worth!

Most mentioned silver marks on glass on inside as a result of something scraping glass. These are generally know as "metal bruises" where something has comeinto contact and a residue has been left on the glass. New cars have them as well - they are made by man not god (if there is a god - whole new subject :thumb I digress). These metal bruises can be taken off with very fine emery paper but you must be careful or you will end up doing more damage - leave to someone with experience.

The other thing it could be is an oil spot - new glass is become cheaper and poorer in quality you only have to look at new Voyagers once tinted the windows are litered with oil spots on the outside.

Try some very fine wire wool 000 guage on the OUTSIDE of the glass to see if it will come off.

Yes you can get perfection with the right methods, a quality tinter should be able to produce a finish that the untrained eye thinks is perfection. The devil is in the detail - no level of contamination is acceptable if you can see it - grasshopper.? :dunno

[*]341697

Thats the scraping/scuffing I'm trying to explain :dunno if only I was more articulate!

Nice to know they can be removed though!! :thumb

I dont know if its the same dude, but I had someone call me with the same exact question.

Well he's the same bloke downunder Tint.

I just completed a great job and as it was so perfect, 2 microscopic felt specks were in behind one pane which showed up as one would expect.

I get a call to whinge about "these bubbles." :thumb

I'm waiting on it to come back. :thumb

Devil

Nature of an install... done as best as possible always striving to avoid contaminants of any size shape or color... imperfect world we live in.

Very true Met but try explaining that to turdbrain who ain't ever been a tinter. :thumb

It's only we bros in arms that know the real situation!

Devil

Archived