Silver Spots

Guest woodranch

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ninjatinter

I did a brand new 2006 CLS Mercedes last week. The back window had silvery burn type marks that I am assuming came from the factory some how. In a lot of newer cars I have noticed very tiny silver flaws. Some of them look almost like welding slag, others look like burrs. In all reality there is a ton of imperfect glass now days and often times ( as was the case on the CLS) the glass was the only unacceptable part of the tint job. It sounds to me that you have a similar issue. If you had dirt in your tint job you should see it all the time, not just in certain angles or lighting. see if you can FEEL an imperfection on the inside of your window where these spots are located. 2 cents........ It's all I got!! :lol6

Guest darkdan

For the 1000th time.....

Why don't we have a stickie thread at the top of the forum that says, "We don't know what those spots are in your new tint job. Take it back and ask them and be polite about it." ?

Guest ninjatinter

man Im glad you said that - Ive been waiting for someone to mention that for awhile -it seems like doge windows are the worst

and I think when we tint them it just makes them show up more

your right It looks alot like welding slag without the burr

[*]341059

No doubt dood! MB and Chrysler have been :sad For a while so that makes sense!! :sad

Guest Sprinter

yea in before the lock :sad

I've noticed on some cars that you can see these little white or silvery spots on the rear glass and that it is in the glass not something stuck between the glass and the tint.

on some cars there are marks like 3 little black dots on some windows and from an untrained eye looks kinda like dust or little specs under the tint.

as someone said can you feel these spots with your finger nail?

and you said there in the back windows right?

and you've now been told by numerous tinters that there is no perfect tint job, like was said earlier if you still don't like it take it back to the tint shop that tinted your car and find out from them what it is.

then please come back here and tell all of us that can't see it.

thanks. :sad

Archived