a gift to auto tinters

Guest metint

I have been unable to find this document until searching in paper work this morning. It is what I used when each auto tint job was invoiced for payment. I simply stapled it to the invoice before handing the client a receipt.

Hope this can be used by those of you who have been in need of something similar. Copy and paste what's contained between the lines into whatever document format you wish:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pertinent information concerning your window film installation

All window films require a reasonable drying time of 30-60 days depending mostly on weather conditions, compass direction, type of film (construction) and the level of conditioned air use. It is recommended windows not be washed for the first 2 weeks of the drying period.

Any milky appearance or haziness that occurs with some film products is a reaction of the adhesive to the moisture used to apply the window film. This will become less noticeable as the drying time passes

All water bubbles will dry out. These occur from the pooling of the application solution due in part to gravitational forces and uneven evaporation of the trapped solution.

Some minor contamination can be expected. Installation procedures used are aimed at minimizing dust, dirt, and fabric or carpet fibers as a potential contaminant, whether airborne or settled. It is a must as a purchaser of professionally installed window film to understand our best effort provides the highest quality installation given the condition of the environment the work is performed in, on or around. Any contamination will have no effect on the performance of the window film.

You can also expect the addition of window film to highlight pre?existing imperfections in the glass. Examples are (and not limited to) scratches, dimples, or welding slag and splashes.

We encourage you to keep roll down windows in a stationary 'up' position for the first 3-5 days after the film has been applied. This is to prevent any premature peeling or lifting at the edge or slipping of the film pattern across the glass surface were there to be window movement.

Dot matrix material bordering some automotive glass may not allow window film to adhere well to the glass surface, causing what has come to be called a white silvery look to these area of auto glass (this includes frit lines). This is a result of the material thickness of the black ceramic material suspending the film over the glass between each dot or line and the very rigid nature of the film's polyester restricting the necessary or ideal permanent flexing of the film material to meet the glass surface. Some inventive ideas for handling the wider matrices are available and in use at this shop.

Cleaning can be done with a soft cloth, paper towel and/or squeegee. It is suggested not to use ammonia or vinegar based cleaning product or products abrasive in nature for cleaning the film surface. Window film does have a scratch resistant coating to protect the product's surface from day-to-day window movement and during cleaning. It is not scratch proof and is prone to chipping much the same as if it were a painted surface. Take precaution not to strike the film/glass surface with sharp objects, this includes but not limited to, car keys, rings, umbrellas, etc.

An excellent cleaning solution would be to take approximately one quart of water, one cup rubbing alcohol and a couple drops of your preferred liquid dish soap and mix in a spray bottle.

Please remember... it is quite natural that one would want to examine closely a new purchase of this kind, we ask that when doing so you keep in mind that we have taken care to provide you our best effort in a timely manner and any minor imperfections will soon go unnoticed the minute you begin using the window for what it was designed for... that is... looking through it, not at it.

Any question that may come to mind after departing our location can certainly be addressed by simply calling our office number at ___ ___ ____

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers, Dave :eyebrows

I just thought things were getting out of hand with all the film bashing, we all need to realize that we anger alot of people when we do that, and that thread that got pulled was a good example of the blow back resulting from it. So, all I could think to do was have you take a break, by no means an extended one.

You are more than welcome here Dave.

We can all learn a lesson from this episode, and I hope it's not lost on anyone.

....back to the topic at hand, there is also a similar customer care sheet available here, written by yours truly :thumb

http://www.tintdude.com/care.html

:eyebrows

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I think I know what topic this is referring to and I know what was posted by me before I logged off and hopefully this has not much to do with td's decision.

Nothing personal metint every single one of us has their own opinions and our own personal feelings, even though we may not agree with eachother on many levels we all remain members this site because we like being here for one another. So my bad if the situation was out of hand.

Archived