Removing window tint

Guest woodranch

Guest woodranch

Whem removing old window tint from your car {the back window} can you damage re window defogger or are those lines in the window so the tint does not effect it.Thanks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some films have a higher strength adhesive than others, if it hasn't been on there long it should come of with a little heat from a hot air gun without damaging the defroster lines. The lines will mark the film and show when you're removing it but it may not necessarily be damaging the heating elements. Just out of curiosity is it because of them silver spots you posted about?

Guest woodranch

Yes guys I #$%#$ up.The shop did redo it........but it is worse now then before.No silver spots but they rushed to get it done and there are many moe imperfections then before.I just feel like pulling all the tint off once and for all.I should have listened to you and never redone it.

perhaps take it back and leave it to them let them take they're time, with now the winter season is around, it makes it harder to remove and redo aagain. the only advice I can give you now is take it back, defroster lines will not get damaged in any way if the installer is not using a blade against it. ripping film off will not damage the lines unles the car is really really old...good luck

Guest woodranch

They redid it yesterday.There are 2 smudges by the defroster lines.Does that mean they were cut?I only had the tint on for a week .I should have listened to you guys and never touched it.He was using a steamer when taking it off but it seams weird that the imperfections are now were the defroster lines are

Guest Beeline
They redid it yesterday.There are 2 smudges by the defroster lines.Does that mean they were cut?I only had the tint on for a week .I should have listened to you guys and never touched it.He was using a steamer when taking it off but it seams weird that the imperfections are now were the defroster lines are

[*]343340

SMUDGES clean it

Guest woodranch

I tried but it is inside the tint.; right below the defroster line.Also how can you tell if one of the lines was cut.If I saw the tinter using a steam gun I should be okay?

Archived