opions needed

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
I still say buy her a sword? :lol? here's my daughter with her's.

[*]345475

show a picture of my son...ummm..I mean your son...inside joke :beer ...he looks kinda like me :lol..boy he is cursed for sure... :shock

I'm was a little girl, once, and my mother was an MP when I was young, so her .45 was around. the first time I shot a little rifle was when I was 6, with a friend of my mother's. I enjoyed it, and I learned to respect what a weapon can do, I was never tempted to touch her .45

We moved away some years later, and I never continued with it.

although... One time I was on spring break from college with some geeky, sheltered, clueless, comic-book-reading boys from school, and they thought it would be funny to buy a pellet gun from k-mart and try to shoot cans. I was not involved in the exercise, until I realised they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, so I schooled them. They had been trying to hit their cans for twenty minutes, and I got them on the first try. They were impressed.

So maybe the moral of the story is, 'teach your young daughter to shoot and she will impress boys"

Good post SS :shock

My son is 17 now, but got his first 30-30 when he was 11. He finally shoot his first deer last year. Funny it was a 6 pt too. He has always known the power of a gun. A child that knows a weapon is loaded and understands it's potential is a safer child.

A child that has never seen a gun, thinks it is not loaded and does not or can not recognize the potential of a gun is a VERY unsafe child!

Good post SS :lol

My son is 17 now, but got his first 30-30 when he was 11.  He finally shoot his first deer last year.  Funny it was a 6 pt too.  He has always known the power of a gun.  A child that knows a weapon is loaded and understands it's potential is a safer child. 

A child that gas never seen a gun, thinks it is not loaded and does not or can not regognize the potential of a gun is a VERY unsafe child!

[*]345924

I got this really cool watergun :shock

I'm was a little girl, once, and my mother was an MP when I was young, so her .45 was around. the first time I shot a little rifle was when I was 6, with a friend of my mother's. I enjoyed it, and I learned to respect what a weapon can do, I was never tempted to touch her .45

We moved away some years later, and I never continued with it.

although... One time I was on spring break from college with some geeky, sheltered, clueless, comic-book-reading boys from school, and they thought it would be funny to buy a pellet gun from k-mart and try to shoot cans. I was not involved in the exercise, until I realised they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, so I schooled them. They had been trying to hit their cans for twenty minutes, and I got them on the first try. They were impressed.

So maybe the moral of the story is, 'teach your young daughter to shoot and she will impress boys"

[*]345877

My mother was a police officer, and when I was around 8 or 9. She unloaded her revolver and handed it to me . Then she explained what everything on the gun was, and even though it was not good for the gun. She let me dry fire it a couple of times. I never touched her gun after that.

Like ttc said I do beleive that a child who has never fired or seen a gun. Will be more likeley to pick it and play with it.

Tintchick I appreciate you opinionI wanted to hear from both sides. But I do beleive she will be safe with it for a few reasons. One when the gun is not with us at the range. It will be locked up with a trigger lock on it. While yes accidents can happen. Like ttc said a child who knows how to work a gun is far less likely to have an accident happen. Becuase they fullt know the dangers of a firearm, and they understand how it works. I live in a city full of crime And I have a license to carry a firearm. So I am not giving up my weapon anytime soon. I think she will be safer knowing how to use a weapon rather than just seeing mine, and knowing it is dangerous.

Blade I have a few swords and she just isnt into them. But your daughter is a adorable little girl, and that is a nice sword :dwiwd

TTc I allready thought of the whole boy thing. One of my thoughts where some day some little booger head dude. Would try to impress her with a gun , and she could school him on it. Taking away from the impression he could make on her (like he is hot but what a dork tried to teach me how to shoot and couldnt even shoot himself)

Bieng a parent is rough way to many decisions to make everyday

Archived