opions needed

Ok I need some opinions from you people. I am asking you because this is a very diverse group of people from different walks of life.

I am into guns I am not charlton hesston but I do enjoy shooting them. now I have an 11 yr old daughter who is very mature for her age . I am thinking of giving her a 22 rifle for xmas. So that we can go to the range together and spend quality time with one another.

Obviously she will not be allowed to take it to school for show and tell, And it will be locked up when not going to the range.

What do you guys and girls think about this. Is it a good idea or bad

Keep in mind though before you deciede it's a bad idea because of her age. that you can take a 12 yr old into the woods to hunt live animals. Not that I am planning on taking her hunting.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well it depends?

does she like shooting guns too?

and does she want one of her own?

I would say go for it sounds like fun for the both of you

if she is really into it.

but yes I would keep it locked up tight when your not around

cause kids will be kids.

Guest Al-tint

If it means spending time with your kid,............. then get the howitzer. TEACH HER PROPERLY and you will have a blast. Pun intended.

My girls grew up with monster trucks, fishing rods, road race track, hot wheels, quading, hiking and cars.

Yeah I also did my time with that Barbie crap. :woowoo

I agree with al-tint, whatever she is interested in, let her persue it. It may just be a phase, but it will be a learning experience either way, not to mention the valueable time spent with her dad.

Keep it on the low down though, if her teachers get wind of it CPS will be there in no time to take her away.

yes she does want the gun, and she has asked previously if she could go to the range with me. The only reason I havent taken her yet. Is I didnt have any thing for her to shoot. ( the guns I own now are to high caliber for her)

I do agree with you all that quality time is very important, And who knows maybe on the ride to or from. She may just tell me something that she wouldnt have before. It may just be that extra bonding moment that does the trick.

I also think that by having her own to shoot . When we go to the range together. she will be less liklely to play with one of mine. not that I leave them lying out in the open loaded. But you can never be to careful with a gun , and a child.

I do feel she is mature enough to have one . By that I dont think she will telling other kids ill shoot you. For taking my chocolate milk at lunch. Nor do I think she will see it as a toy.

Thanks for the opinion's so far and any more will be appreciated as well. No matter if you agree with the idea or not.If you do disagree with the idea please feel free to speak up. You may have an outlook on this subject that I have missed

Its a completely different culture over here (England). I enjoyed shooting a range of guns when traveling cambodia, vietnam, loas etc. but theres not many people I know who'd let there kids fire a weapon.

Archived