opions needed

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FIREMAN68

I have always said that if you can leave a loaded gun on the coffee table and leave with your child at home and they know not to touch it. Then they are ready for a gun of their own because that tells me that the parent has went over all saftey rules of a gun and what they are used for. TTC made a very good point about kids that never seen a gun then play with it and shoot themself because they thought it was a toy. I have made many of calls with the firedept on kids playing with guns and accidentally shot themself or friends becuase they were not educated on guns. If she's ready I say go for it and you two will have so much fun together at the range or on a big hunt. :dwiwd

Guest God_Of_All_Tinters

Pierce, go ahead and give her the pea shooter. She doesn't seem, IMO, that she would go and do anything stupid. Definitely keep it locked up at all times, though, and I don't mean just a trigger lock- get a gun safe. She's a smart kid, but that doesn't mean that you can trust that her friends are equally as respectful of guns.

On the other side of the coin though, we did have someone in the academy discharge his firearm into the ground on two separate occasions, missing his foot by a total of one inch- and that was a 21/22 yr old.... go figure.

I fully intend on getting the gun safe god, but not untill after I move. Dont want to have to bring it in then move that thing.

Not only for her protection, but I live in philly. I dont need some dope head breaking into my house . Stealing my guns and selling them on the street. h@te like he$$ to have to protect myself from my own gun.

The guy who almost shot himself in the foot twice. Should have failed the academy :thumb:woowoo I dont think so

Guest God_Of_All_Tinters
The guy who almost shot himself in the foot twice. Should have failed the academy :thumb? :woowoo I dont think so

[*]346419

Oh, he did. He's security at Quakerbridge Mall now. Sometimes we go up there for lunch and make fun of him.

You should at least get a strong box for the handguns until you get a safe. Then, once you have the safe, you can use the strong box for documents, etc.

Next time you go to tease him call me Ill go with ya .

I do have a strong box for them because I dont trust my one nephew with them. He is a good kid but I think he would pick up a gun, and say hey justin look BANG.

Am I blind or is there no exclamation point on a keyboard?

Archived