opions needed

Well, I shot my first deer when I was 9 (a six pnt)! With my own 30_06. I think every child should handle a gun, know they are loaded and know how to safely shoot one. There are gun safety classes all over the place. They are a good idea. Kids that get shoot or shoot someone in most cases have never shoot a gun before and did not expect it to be loaded.

As far as buying her one for Christmas, if that is what she wants go for it, I say :DD

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never grew up around guns ..never shot one ..never had the desire to..I couldn't give an honest unbias opinion :DD

But fully support spending quality time wit hthe kids though :beer

of course it's ok :beer  kids need to understand firearm saftey and develop skills at an appropriate age.

fyi, rossi makes a great 22 lr / .410 combo that is great for kids that age.  I got my son one when he was 9 and he loves it.....likes the shotgun part the best :DD

[*]344882

That is the rifle I was planning on giving her

I still say buy her a sword  :nono  here's my daughter with her's.

[*]345475

She is beautiful Blade :gasp

I would gice mine anything she wanted......Sword, Gun, whatever barbie is pimpin out this year :lol6

:beer

Guest tintchick

call me an overprotective mom but I dont want my kids handling guns at 12,my husband has his locked up in the safe but still makes me too nervous,,,,,what if there was an accident and god forbid she got shot? I could never live with myself,,,I think you can spend quality time with her doing something much safer,,,like paintball :shock

Archived