dust free room ??

Guest sa tinter

Guest sa tinter

Bought a workshop a while ago - doing some paint protection and detailing in there.

Been tinting some cars in there - and have some dust problems now and then.

Have built a steel frame for a room ( 6m x6m ) and intend to seal it with pressed wood sheets silicone etc. Thinking of applying a positive pressure inside to keep the dust out.

Any good ideas of how to create an ideal tinting room - meaning - setup, lighting etc.

Really want to prepare the room for tinter to work in a (no excuse environment ).

Please help with some tips from the veterans and those with some imagination!! :dwiwd

are you taking out windows when tinting?

bumpers, hoods and fenders for PPF?

if not then its no use.

we had a tint room for 20 years only because we were taking out windows. we rarely take out

windows so its not needed. its not a big hype like its hoped to be. we have a big shop

with two roll up doors and still get clean installs, if that's the issue, find better installers :DD:dwiwd

find better installers :dwiwd? :lol2

[*]345997

Right...it's more the crap in the frames and on the surface of the glass rather than surrounding air.

Devil

[*]346003

:DD

Guest Sprinter

lots of things could be put on the list, lots, but the simple things are the easiest filter the water and put a filter on the hose.

most dirt is on the vehical and inbetween the glass and felt on top of door do you wipe down the top rail of the door how bout the door panel.

I could start a DMC about who keeps the cleanest shop ... You could preform surgery in my tint bay I keep it so clean with it being sprayed down , totally gutted and wiped down and everything replaced every 2 weeks, everything air tight, everything covered when working on it, air is filtered...

But it means NOTHING when someone brings me a car that looks like "Pigpen" from Charlie Brown drove it.

So as much as customers like the "clean, bright, look" I've done cleaner work in auto body shops on a clean car when I used to do mobile work over a dirty ,filthy car in my tint shop.

Archived