3M Tint

the dealers I work with want cheep its hard to up sell them. so what I started doing is working with the salesmen. if they sell the customer tint job a for 500.00 and dealer cost is 450.00 Ill give the sales men a birddog fee of 25.00 ( # are wishfull thinkin just for a reffrence)

pay the sales men half of the difference and they are happy. you get more then doing it for the dealer. and the customer can give you refferals also.

just make sure the managers are ok with it first. most here would rather have it that way cause less paperwork for them to make 10-15$$$.

thats the only way I have been able to get top line tint on dealers cars. other wise its big J sp for me hahahahhahahah

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think if they wanted a logo on there they should of put it on the liner.

[*]348414

then the people wouldnt see it on the car, and have the assurance of getting a quality film installed by a highly reputable and well respected shop. :lol6:cool

sounded good didnt it :idea

Guest Sprinter

the tinter can show the people the film right before install, that just sugests that tinters put something eles on the car than the people bought and paid for.

exactly

I dont carry an economy line. cheap customers are a pain in the arse. if you dont want to pay for quallity, hit the bricks.

I got tired of appologizing for other shops work, so I went exclusively high end film, to avoid any "confusion" "mistakes" "accidents" etc. etc..

what you pay for is what you get, with me.

[*]347402

:thumb I only carry one high-end film. If people don't want to pay for it, they can go elsewhere. That makes quoting, installing, and warranties a lot easier for me, and it makes the choice of film a lot easier for the consumer. This also allows me to keep my inventory at an acceptable level.

I don't want to carry cheap film and have people coming back in three years for warranty work. I have been very lucky with minimal warranty work in the many years I have been in the business, and carrying only high-end film will (hopefully) allow that to continue.

Guest dave351cid
I have some sample 3M tint.  Is there a way to get the small 3M logos off the film?

[*]347131

I think the quickest way to remove the logo is a small bit of rag and some metho ( metholated spirits )

it will wipe away first go.

thats how the guys from 3M told us to do it .

they dont supply wipes here but I have used them , metho is better :lol6 .

Guest dave351cid
has anydody actually seen failure with the mmm cs film.  ive carried it for a year now, dont have problems shrinking it, but the fil does look a little fishy to me.  I dont know how long it will really last either.

[*]347862

I have been useing the CS for 3-4 ? years ( since it was first releasted ) and have had no great problems with it.

I have had a couple of rolls that were a bit harder to shrink , you do need to use less heat and a bit gentler compared with some of the metal films.

I have never seen it change colour , I`ve have it on my own ute for 2 1/2 years now and still look as good as when it was put on there. it sits in the hot QLD sun everyday.

the only thing that I have seen happen is if the window seal rubbers are very tight it can leave an impression along the top edge. nobody has ever complained about it, I doubt that most people would notice.

it does have a strange softer feel to it , I believe that is because it is an extruded film , not a layered film.

P.S. while we are on the subject of 3M , has anybody heard about a new film to repace the SP/CS Black Metal.

I heard a rumer about something called black chrome. :lol6 ???

Guest dave351cid

I got some brochures on black chrome when I got my CS -the black chrome was a hot topic here a couple of months ago

glad to here your not having problems with it

As far as the impression along the top edge the panther did it too and so do some other brand of films I used

You can prevent it most of the time by cracking the window after install. If your a panel puller or seal puller just bump the window down a little.

Thanks for you post. I was starting to worry about the CS

[*]348908

the black chome has not been released here yet, proberly waiting for the winter time as usual :lol6

90% of my work is done with CS 35.

everyone loves the colour.

Archived