3M Tint

on top of film being hard to work with, not recommended for the rookies, or the unpatient tinters, film looks nice, wish it woud last at least 2 years though, lifetime warranty? :DD I dont know what is up with this company, they make this material, expensive, or higher than most brands, they only want "exclusive" dealers to sell, that way they dont sell to your competition :) like they've made good film in the first place, mmm is the company that has most cars out there with purple and bubbly windows, because they have a strong brand name that is all they have. I've used it, and prefer not to, they should sell they're film at kragen, along with gila at 29.95 a 25' roll, hell I woudnt care if they were giving out the stuff for free.

and the whole logo thing is just a peace of mind for people to actually see your not using a different film, but then that creates an inconvenience for an installer to go aroudn every window removing the logo. best way to go for those using this stuff, before installing the film, ask the customer if they want the logo or not. that way you remove it when your finished with the installation.

I agree with TR, lets not carry low grade films and higher grade films for people to choose, dont you think you'll drive business away? keep it simple, have the samples on the display, give them a decent price and be done with it. your only complicating your own time going around selling cheap film. or, just use one company and use theyre lower grade and higher grade, there is no need to go to a different brand :inot

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. That whole logo thing is obnoxious!

There is not enough money in their film for the extra 10 minutes scrubbing logos then too have to replace the film in 2 - 3 years for bubbling or being purple. On the flip side though, we use F1 and I could only wish that they would do the same amount of advertising and name recognition campaigns.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I've only used mmm on one car and that was when I was learning about 5 years back, I thought that the logo was on the film because it was a sample roll, until I read this post I didn't know that it was on all the film. that's some crazy shiot

You will start seeing more of that with the major brands.

Too many people marketing the better brands and installing the cheap garbage. Down the road there is a warranty issue and the film doesn't match.

This is to let the customer know you are installing the brand of film

[*]347246

Right on Mr.T.

A second hand car I bought that was 15 months old had these 3M logos still on the film and there was no way known I could get them off by using solvents.

In the end I took the whole install off and did it properly but was able to remove the logo easily on fresh 3M tint out of the box.

I wondered with the original install if the exposure to the sun "fried it on" permanently?

Devil

This isnt my first experience with #M -I suffered through the panther days

Ive had cs 20 and 35 for about a month now and I dont know what everyones problem is with heat shrinking

It heats fine and shrinks just like the rest of the films Ive used lu lu. sg and baby shampoo.

Like I told rook and MM I dont prefer it but my new dealers almost demanded it. I hope it holds up .

What is the problem with shrinking everyone is experiencing???

[*]347748

I agree with you wille, it shrinks different then others but use a slightly lower heat and take 7 min instead of 6 and it goes just fine.

alot of people have a bad taste with MMM because of panther, but I havent had problems with cs or fx-hp (even though it is identical to sluntek hp :jerkit )

MMM is such a large company that the advertising they do for one division works to increase the brand awareness of the rest of the line

I like it cause I can charge more for a well recognized name. and I would say it holds up as well as bigJ, lulu and sg. the biggest difference is brand name.

Tintrook: do the dealers have a problem with you not carrying an "entry level" film? or do you do much dealer work?

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

most of the dealers I do work for want the cheapest film possible, but I don't mess with anything but lifetime film. they got to be some of the cheapest people of all time

Guest tint rookie

Tintrook: do the dealers have a problem with you not carrying an "entry level" film? or do you do much dealer work?

[*]348019

its a nut im working on still.

I do have some dealership work, mostly work in sac I havent let go of yet. its a nice fall back to have the high end dealers willing to work with your sched and pay more because you match the quality and standards of their high end cars and customers. (its nice to write of trips to visit buddies and fam as well) its a good selling point to say you service a 100 mile radius of people willing to pay for the difference, and willing to wait than take a chance with someone else.

the area im in now.

the dealerships refuse to do ANYTHING more than they have to to sell a car. its relatively remote and they have the consumer by the short and curlys. not many willing to make a 100 mile jaunt to get the same car from another chevy dealer, unless they want custom.

its funny though, the automalls in sac advertise on the local chico channels. and what are they advertising? the ones with rims, lift/drop kits, custom stereo work, and tint jobs.

theyve stole a lot of biz that way. enough to the point where the local stealerships can barely justify the advertising cost...... when they really aint offering anything better. that and they are too cheap or too lazy to make needed changes.

there was some dealer work going on here, years back. but the dealerships were had. overcharged for sub par film (even for entry level) and quick rush shotty work. lots of unhappy customers bringing cars back to the dealers to repair the shotty work. (bumber to bumper warr. stuff) a rip off and a hassle that left a bad taste in their mouths.

ive done some crazy incog dealings from the bottom (salesmen reffering and using tint as the last hoorah to get the deal and paying out their own pocket) I even took an ad sales job, part time to get in with the other end of the spectrum to plant the seed.

once the two ends of the food chain meet up. both fingers should be pointing in the same direction. the new kid in town, who actually gives a fcuk......ME.

ive also gotten a small network together of tire, performance, stereo shops, ready to help crack that nut. some willing to go as far as let us do the work and they wont charge a dime till the car sells. (thats a big trust im not quite willing to take)

they made their errors neglecting quality b4. hopefully educating them helps

they need to spend the cash and give the customer what they want, otherwise the biz will continue to go elsewhere. (they need to realize the dealerships triple up on the small investment).

Archived