where to go for tint?

Guest ttoenni2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the reason I ask is that there is a shop that sells stereo equip and tint windows near where I live.  One of my friends got a "professionally" built speaker box for his car and it sounded like crap.  turns out, the volume of the box was almost 1/2 the recommended amount.  I built him a box for 25$- no leaks, no gaps, and the right size and it sounded great.  firt time ever working with wood too.  He then let the same people tint his windows and they did a decent job, so...  I might screw it up once or twice when I practice on my car, but its no big deal.  I just want a link or number I can order solar gard from.  Please? anyone?

[*]347917

Get your business license, federal and state tax numbers and Solar Gard and the other true professional suppliers will sell direct to you.

not trying to put you down or anything but I do alot of performance work on cars and tinting is alot harder than putting parts into a car that already fit and and can only go on one way.

[*]347909

:copcar

my advise is go to the local auto parts store and get your practicing in....and good luck with removing and replacing the glass with film on....it is not easier that way :jerkit

and where are you from?

Guest ttoenni2

Is it so bad that I want to learn? if I learn how to do a good job, I can make some money over the summer... don't h@te the newbies-you were all newbies at some time, unless you all have natural born tinting talent. Please help me so you can gain my respect when I screw up miserably

Guest ttoenni2

Thank you tintman for the advice and nice ranger- that has to be a v6... I live at UIUC during school, but I live about an hour east of St. Louis (in illinois)

Is it so bad that I want to learn? if I learn how to do a good job, I can make some money over the summer... don't h@te the newbies-you were all newbies at some time, unless you all have natural born tinting talent.  Please  help me so you can gain my respect when I screw up miserably

[*]347929

You're going to get razzed when you make comments like "it seems like tinting is easy". Go to WalMart, get some cheap film and try your hand at it. Your installation technique is going to be more important than the brand of film you use in your case. Read the stuff on this site and do the trial and error thing. The fact remains that not everyone can tint windows well. Give it a go and see what happens.

Archived