where to go for tint?

Guest ttoenni2

Is it so bad that I want to learn? if I learn how to do a good job, I can make some money over the summer... don't h@te the newbies-you were all newbies at some time, unless you all have natural born tinting talent.  Please  help me so you can gain my respect when I screw up miserably

[*]347929

yes it is a 4.0 184000 miles on it....still a great work truck....that was the day I was tinting a tire store was getting new tire while I did the store front.....

and nobody hates the newbie...however most of us don't do this on the side for extra money...I'm sure some do ..but alot of the tinters here , this is how we make a living and our workmanship is very important to us....seeing h@ck jobs driving down the road ..while it is good for a chuckle, it does effect how future customes view tinting.....you can imagine how many times I get"oh the stuff that turns purple and bubbles" while this does happen with poor film I cant could on one hand how many problems I have had in 16 years of tinting, with film problems or an install problems..

and natural born talent....I dont know I have seen alot of people who said they tinted before who I've given the oppertunity to show their work and they got an F from me... you can do it or you cant do it...anyone can draw a picture of a person but it takes an artist to make it look like that person photo...any one can cook a steak...but a chef know how to prepare one...there is a difference.....

and if this is something you think you want to get into ....get out of college....unless your taking business courses its not that helpful.....invest the cash in film and start working....

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ttoenni2

I don't think getting out of college is an option... not for me anyways, but I am good at art! lol

where can I find some good tint- im not wasting my money on wal mart stuff...

anyways, im done trying on this website if nobody can give me a place to find tint, but ill be sure to post some pics of my job- good or bad, and let you

guys be the judge. give me a month or so

most quailty film suppliers will want you to have a business....all I deal with do....I'm sure you can find something on the new ...just google window film...you can probably get it pre cut if you want ....now you will not know what brand your getting....they may say it is a brand name but buyer beware....good luck anyway...

Hey Tobias,

Sit down and take a chair for a moment.........you've got no moola right (money) because you're a poor college fella?

What the guys are trying to say is don't waste your friggin dough on butchering up a good new car like a Mazda 3 with film you can't afford to trash.

If you are poor as a church mouse (and by the sound of it you are) then understand that window tinting takes years, not a a few cars to get right.

We don't want to see you out of pocket OK? Savvy?

Devil

ttoenni2,

Just go out and do it.....do it....do it...and do it!!!!! It really doesn't seem to matter to you anyways what all of us on here are telling you. If you have made up your mind and want to tint the car yourself, then go for it. Just keep in mind that a tint shop will sell you enough film to put the tint on right the first time. So, be prepared to have more money to buy more film from them. Good Luck.........

Guest losdawg

if you have no money a roll of the "good" film is gonna cost you, most likely more than getting it done by a pro. just weigh your options and see for yourself. btw I think your girlfriend would probably like to see a gift certificat in her stocking to get her windows done than for you to pull out every single one of your hairs. :jerkit as pros we get new cars every year that kick our behind the first time we try them. :copcar

Okay ..so as I predicted ..I was going to come back on here 4 hrs later and see this thread still running ..no wonder why some of us tinters get frustrated when dispensing FREE advice...I'm going to go full circle from square one again .Your very first sentence:

I was planning on tinting my girlfriends car (probably a mistake ) and im a newbie.

[*]347879

Again the answer hasn't changed ..yes it's a mistake to have your girlfriends new Mazda to be your very first car..I don't know how many different ways to say it politely, I don't how many tinters you'll have to hear it from :jerkit

If it's you VERY first car..you will have most likely have some gaps , creases andsome dirt where you handle the film...assuming you don't scratch the glass up on the outside while cutting out the pieces.

Were not discouraging from learning how to tint..we are discouraging you from tinting the girlfriend's new Mazda 3 as you very first :copcar

where did building a speaker box make you think you can tint windows. there is nothing bad about you wanting to try and learn its the fact that you claim you have no money to get it done profesionally but you want to buy film and do it yourself and you say you might mess up once or twice. no one is trying to bash you for wanting to do it yourself its just you might spend 3 times the amount trying to do it yourself compared to what you will spend at a shop and without the stress.

Archived