Pep boys replacement side view mirrors

Guest ace_o_spades

Guest ace_o_spades

Hey guys what's up? I have an issue with my side view mirror and I was wondering if you guys could answer some questions I have

My side view mirror cracked and my friend ordered a replacement mirror for me. He told me that the guy working there said that I can just place the new one over the old one. Would you guys recommend that or should I take out the old glass?

And second, are those replacement mirrors good?

I suppose you could use exterior mounting double sided tape, just don't use the normal double sided tape, it won't stand up to weather exposure, but the exterior mounting tape is the same stuff used to hold antennas on rear windows.

Personally, I would have it done correctly at an auto glass shop, taking out the old one and replacing it properly.

I suppose you could use exterior mounting double sided tape, just don't use the normal double sided tape, it won't stand up to weather exposure, but the exterior mounting tape is the same stuff used to hold antennas on rear windows.

Personally, I would have it done correctly at an auto glass shop, taking out the old one and replacing it properly.

[*]350707

:lol if you are gonna mount it make sure you use 3m double sided tape and make sure you before you apply the tape use a heat gun on low or a hairdryer to heat the tape and make it more tackier

Guest ace_o_spades

So I can probably get 3M exterior mounting tape at a place like Home Depot, Loews or Wal-Mart? And if I use a hair dryer, how long should I heat the tape for?

Sorry for asking so many questions but this is the first I'm personally doing any repairs to this car by myself so I wanna make sure I do it right

Guest ace_o_spades

I live in NJ so it's not that bad.

One last question

Is there a noticeable difference between a mounted glass than the original? Like will it hinder my vision while driving?

So I can probably get 3M exterior mounting tape at a place like Home Depot, Loews or Wal-Mart? And if I use a hair dryer, how long should I heat the tape for?

[*]350733

when you heat the tape it will get a glossy look to it from a side angle, that is good. if you heat it to much it will start to get bumpy and orange peel look to it, thats not so good.

most replacement mirrors you order from the auto parts stores have a sheet of tape on it already. :lol

Archived