SunTek HP

Guest MidcoastMW

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie
the only problems I don't like is the fact that when you strip it it leaves all the glue behind and it does'nt matter if its been on there one week or one year.

[*]353006

what I like is when youre blading that goop off. what color is it? it is crystal clear. red purple or blue colored adhesive dosent give me high hopes for what its gonna look like down the road.

post-12457-1135439978.jpg

Guest tintgod

the only problems I don't like is the fact that when you strip it it leaves all the glue behind and it does'nt matter if its been on there one week or one year.

[*]353006

what I like is when youre blading that goop off. what color is it? it is crystal clear. red purple or blue colored adhesive dosent give me high hopes for what its gonna look like down the road.

[*]353457

:thumb:thumb

[*]353457

Color? Can you say, 'Color coated adhesive' or 'dye bleed over'...

I say this much... you sure don't want it coming off clear... a little or a lot yellow, but not clear or white. :lol6

[*]353457

Color? Can you say, 'Color coated adhesive' or 'dye bleed over'...

I say this much... you sure don't want it coming off clear... a little or a lot yellow, but not clear or white. :uh

[*]354636

I always thought you were suposed to avoid yellow..... Oh wait thats snow :uh:lol6

I always thought you were supposed to avoid yellow..... Oh wait thats snow :lol6? :uh

[*]354638

Yellow generally indicates UV absorbers... and yellow doesn't necessarily indicate quality in an absorber... and the mounting adhesive certainly isn't the best place to put them, but most mfg do. Some only in the mounting adhesive, some in mounting and laminating adhesive and, those that cost the most use absorbers throughout the structure. UV absorbers are not an inexpensive component... this is why some film makers cut production cost by how and where UV absorbers are used.

I always thought you were supposed to avoid yellow..... Oh wait thats snow :cool  :cool

[*]354638

Yellow generally indicates UV absorbers... and yellow doesn't necessarily indicate quality in an absorber... and the mounting adhesive certainly isn't the best place to put them, but most mfg do. Some only in the mounting adhesive, some in mounting and laminating adhesive and, those that cost the most use absorbers throughout the structure. UV absorbers are not an inexpensive component... this is why some film makers cut production cost by how and where UV absorbers are used.

[*]354647

dude you rock :cool

"those that cost the most use absorbers throughout the structure."

would that be all those who roll the film backwards?

yah yah yah I know, the disclaimer :dunno

I think they try and cut film production cost any way "they" can :cool

Some in particular should be DIY films only :dunno

why Film Co.s would go the cheap route on UV absorbers, or not use a true weatherable grade PET,

of put dye in the Glue :cool , or use kindergarden paste for adhesive

is beyond me :cool

I don't get the rolled backward gimmick either

unless it thwarts knock off film in a bogus box :cool

Archived