How can we improve this forum?

Blow it off is easy to say... that member is the only one on my ignore list. Unfortunately, ignore does not work offline.

I've spent the last two and a half years making an azz of myself on this site... didn't think anyone else could do the same in few posts. :beer

BS has hit on the head... it's my personality to one up (mostly a male thing, too)... no need to justify through life events... it's just who I am... most women I know see it in the same way... others just ignore... Hippo can't be a zebra as it's been covered.

I do make an effort to watch what I say... try and fail, try and fail... until success becomes a working part of the mind. That's the essence of being human.

One effort... avoiding threads discussing film brand... until the subject is hijacked to something different.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally have never seen so much focus on any one individual as Metint..If you like his contributions and presence here , great , if you don't let him know through PM's or just keep it to yourself ..what a waste of bandwidth slamminIMO

Metint DOES put his time in on here and tries his best to answer questions to the best of his ability (sometimes in too much detail..but theirs always one in the crowd that will answer in a similar fashion..so I'd rather it be Metint than someone else taking his place giving out the same techno blah blah)..I don't need the tech answer most of the time when asking something..but when I do..I know Metints the man to go to ( a certain value I perceive there for the site for sure)

I'm tired of flaming Metint, I'm tired of defending Metint both on and off this forum (a bit of flaming and more defending :hide )

Metint ..your a part of this forum like it or not ..your not going anywhere and you know it.You say it..You try it..you can't (and that's OK because neither can I :hide

Just be yourself Metint and let the cards fall where they may.

I'm sure I'll change and edit this later ..but it's how I'm wording it till I proof it later :beer

If you like his contributions and presence here , great , if you don't let him know through PM's or just keep it to yourself

now where's the fun in that? :beer

some people push buttons, others push the button pushers (or want to) :hide

no big deal....can't we all just get along? :hide

I personally have never seen so much focus on any one individual 

[*]355833

I've not learned the art of leaving bygones be bygones... which brings out an antagonistic and argumentative strain in me and others... which leads to... Where the he11 is FX? :hide:beer:hide

And, that this site fills a void.

Sheesh, I think it does a bit more than that. :beer

As far as this site filling the void... can't dispute that. Even the suits that have a disdain for its existence (most likely from them not doing enough to move accurate info) often can be heard in another breath saying it is helping the industry through the movement of information (not always accurate, but it moves).

Why do the "suits" distain tinters helping each other become better tinters?

The one essential missing from this site are key players participating from distribution and mfg. save a couple including myself. Why is that? Well, it's difficult to get anything by an arm chair quarterback without having years and years of misinformation and hearsay placed to the forefront as the reality. I haven't met a tinter yet that wants to hear they are wrong (including me).

C'mon, "years and years of misinformation and hearsay"...I don't think that's a fair assesment of the site at all.

Why do the "suits" distain tinters helping each other become better tinters?

That's a good question... suppose it really comes down to who's in the suit.

C'mon, "years and years of misinformation and hearsay"...I don't think that's a fair assesment of the site at all.

Wasn't about the site, more about the industry's attempt or lack there of from day one to move info.

I personally have never seen so much focus on any one individual?

[*]355833

I've not learned the art of leaving bygones be bygones... which brings out an antagonistic and argumentative strain in me and others... which leads to... Where the he11 is FX? :music:beer:hide

[*]355870

And sometimes... as wordy as I may be, I leave out critical info for better understanding the message or post. :hide

Why do the "suits" disdain tinters helping each other become better tinters?
That's a good question... suppose it really comes down to who's in the suit.

And how much trust they have in the end user...

It's one of those questions I've not found them giving enough time to or answering in a positive way when they do. I leave it alone because I am viewed as a (in house) tinter by many of them, too.

At least the one's I have contact with...

Archived