How can we improve this forum?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

I have an idea...it may not be a good one..but here goes

maybe you (mods/adm.) can set up a system of locking a thread after the question has been answered to the best of "our" (the members) ability...usually a question is answered in as many was as it can be (weather it be good or bad) in a week or two.

no need to keep a thread on the board if the question (and the answer to that ?) to be on the board to be hijacked :beer

maybe just maybe this would cut down on some of the unnecessary bashing of film and/or members

I dont know how you would be able to work this out ric...but it is just something that crossed my mind

Guest tintgod
I see what you are saying, but you never know when someone may come up with something that the rest of us didn't know sometime later. :beer

[*]355899

I have thought of that too....but we all know ..sooner or late if someone has something to add to specific thread ( a locked one ) there is going to be a good chance that it has already been posted somewhere or another thread will come about that they will be able to voice there opinion on that subject

or they are :hide out of luck :hide

Guest tintgod

how about having each tint manufactor having there own thread.

that way..if a pperson whats to know something about a certian film..that can go to that thread/forum...and the ppl that use that film can give their advice on the film that they use and know about

and if someone was to come in to that thread/forum..and starts to bash it...maybe there would be a way that can be banned from that area(if that is possible)

maybe something like

Questions about SUNTEK?

Questions about llumar?

Questions about SUNGARD?

and so on and so forth

and just maybe this would get some of those other film techs or reps to post alittle more.and stop lurking.who knows.?

just another thought :beer

how about having each tint manufactor having there own thread.

that way..if a pperson whats to know something about a certian film..that can go to that thread/forum...and the ppl that use that film can give their advice on the film that they use and know about

and if someone was to come in to that thread/forum..and starts to bash it...maybe there would be a way that can be banned from that area(if that is possible)

maybe something like

Questions about SUNTEK?

Questions about llumar?

Questions about SUNGARD?

and so on and so forth

and just maybe this would get some of those other film techs or reps to post alittle more.and stop lurking.who knows.?

just another thought :hide

[*]355908

Wouldn't work... those that have much to lose will be all over TD for trivial or frivilous statements made about their product... sorry, but that's the reality of a message board like this one.

Also... in the 4-5 years this board has existed, there's been plenty opportunity for reps, techs, and suits to join in... they see what happens when a mfg personnel participate... and I am still going against advisement by continuing to participate.

Oh wait... my :beer for what it's worth.

Guest Mobile1

Good grief I didn't mean to start a sh*t storm. First of all I was just kidding about banning metint that would be ridiculous. If I bash him and he can't handle it to the point of putting me on ignore that is his problem I don't know what to say to that. I see that a lot of you fellers take his technical advise as the gospel, I'm just not so convinced that's all. I believe he has a biased agenda ( as do I, it is obvious I am partial to a certain manufacturer, but I just use their product, if they screw me over I'll give metint a call ) I know several members already dislike me from my few posts but so what? I'm not a sensitive little girl, I'm a grown boy who is proud to be a tinter like the rest of you guys, no big deal. Fact is I enjoy reading what all of you have to say here, whether I agree or not, and even my best friend metint's contributions.

I want to say again to Tintdude, thank you for this site! I'll say again I think it is invaluable to our industry. I don't think any of us need to be so gaurded in what we say about our industry, If some manufacturers can't take it then tough t##ty. They can't do anything to you, free country, free speech, let alone the grey laws on internet sites what can they do? If I was you I'd say F you sue me! but I'm not smart enough to run a website, my company website looked like a 3 year old built it. I will however fly out to Cali and stand beside you in court as a qualified professional in the business that supports this site, as I am sure hundreds of these other guys would too.

I know all that is a little off topic but I hear about this liability that you have a lot, and I imagine it gets a bit stressful for you.

Like I said before the arguments on this site are what keep the information reliable. If people could just make a statement for all to see without anyone being able to contradict it what good would that be? We would just have to accept it as fact? We could PM them and tell them they are wrong but no one else will ever know the difference? I agree with Blade, lets hear it all, anything otherwise would be unhelpful and quite frankly boring.

I don't know what else to say, I think the site is just fine the way it is, hooray for TD.

Archived