Tinter Needs Help

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heat gun emits heat, right? Torch emits flame and a little past the flame, guess what, heat. I'm going to make a video for you guys, maybe it won't be so scary after watching it being used. As long as you are careful, you will be just fine. You regulate your heat by the distance you keep the torch from the glass, not hard.

Alright you guys, this all sounds good and I may take some of you up on this hang out and watch or even help if you will let me. I was kinda thinking the same about the school thing, as far as it not being the best thing for this situation, any schooling would be great but I think my time and money would be much better spent in a real time shop where things are happening at a pace. Also, I would LOVE TO SEE THE TORCH THING DONE, I can't even imagine doing that, how do you keep from burning the tint or the car? I heard a customer of mine say that they were in a tint shop having there car done one time and caught a glimpse of the tinter using a blow torch on the back window and I laughed cause I thought he was kidding but that's a shop that tint cars in 45 minutes on a slow day... Must be something to it!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was able to tint a new ford truck this morning without pulling the door panels, saved me a butload of time. I am generally a panel puller and that has been killing me on time but I am trying to get away from that, less chance of damage...

I am also still using the fabric sheet method and that takes alot of time, the baby powder method was one of the things that the tinter I paid to come help me tried to tech me but I just couldn't get it like that. I'd imagine it is faster also, and less mess. Also still frankensteining tint, I can backroll some, I tried to fold a couple and they just kept bending and creasing up on me...

I am also still using the fabric sheet method and that takes alot of time, the baby powder method was one of the things that the tinter I paid to come help me tried to tech me but I just couldn't get it like that. I'd imagine it is faster also, and less mess. Also still frankensteining tint, I can backroll some, I tried to fold a couple and they just kept bending and creasing up on me...

[*]360966

I'm going to take a week off for the baby, I will try and make you a demo video of the baby powder. As for the torch, you can burn a car with a heat gun too, you just have to be careful and pay attention.

Archived