Tinter Needs Help

Guest timking992003

yeah spray water and put the film on heat yeah I do in 30 minute depand what kind the film

solar gard better I like solargard film ok let me know brian email at timking992003@yahoo.com

good nigh :?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G'day Brian,

Don't put too much emphasis on being fast. Speed will come in time!

But concentrate more on getting your quality up to par.

Don't be afraid to trash a few sheets.

Try new things all the time to smarten up your results but that will never happen if you are trying push work out the door substandard just to get the numbers happening.

Devil

Guest Key West

YEAH! What Devil said!!! Really, Brian, don't be over concerned about quantity right now. Just make sure the cars look as good as you can when they roll out of your bay. THAT will bring you the referrals.

I live in Chattanooga if ya want to come over for a few days. We have a guest room. I'd be more than happy to help "streamline" your procedures. E-mail me if ya want. tinteffects@comcast.net.

:?

BTW, Camaro = 30 minutes Beretta = You did the right thing!!

WELCOME to the board!!! Hang out a while.

If you are ever in Albuquerque, I would let you hang out and observe my two tinters. I've only been tinting hands on for about a month and a half, but I've been watching and talking to the tinters for around 8 years. I was always amazed by them, and I asked a lot of questions. I would imagine it is really hard to pick it up without having some pros to watch and pick apart, and most importantly ask questions to help you out. I can tell you, I've probably tinted a dozen or so cars by myself now, and there have been very few windows I've had to re-do to get them right, but like I said, I had a lot of expert help. Maybe it would be worth scheduling a trip to one of these guys shops, or talking to some guys near by you, offer some lunch and ask if you can watch and BS with them.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

don't worry with experience the speed will come. It would help if you got somebody to show you what you are doing wrong though. I used to be the same way, 3 hours or 4 hours per car. Now most are done in an hour to an hour and a half. As for 45 minutes, that is only done when I got my second tinter in the shop.

be patient and it will come, having some hands-on time with a pro would be better at this point in time then a school, take up dan on his offer, and you will be :?

if you have a problem search the site and if you still need help ask, someone here can probably help.

:?

Archived